Yellow eye. Cataract or corzya?

zacthefirst

Hatching
Apr 5, 2022
About 2 months ago he got into a fight with a rooster much bigger than him and shortly after became introverted, seemingly getting something akin to a cold or sinus infection (Corzya?) and couldn’t crow correctly. We gave him antibiotics in his mouth, made sure he got electrolytes, and he perked up, his eye never had bubbles.

We noticed about a week later than his eye looked yellow and we were surprised. At night, put Neosporin in his eye and cleaned his eye with saline, continued semi-frequently giving him antibiotics.

He perked up after about 2 weeks of this, but his crow didn’t recover, it sounded pitiful.

Last month he got semi-sick again, we did the same thing sporadically, about 2 weeks later his crow sounded a lot better but he didn’t sound like himself, but now, over the past week, he has never felt better, his crow is back to normal, he’s crowing loud and proud and he seems to behave just fine and be really happy and generally have healthy behavior other than separating from the flock sometimes (I think out of fear of the big rooster, which is what he and his other banty brother have done since before he was sick, but could be something else. They still hang out with hens). But his eye has stayed the same color, it doesn’t seem have any resemblance to an eye infection that I know of, no leakage, no scratching the eye, etc.

I know this eye is most likely not going to recover, I’m fine with that and I am not particularly attached to this little guy, but I haven’t seen anything like this.

It’s just the color that’s weird, maybe it is an infection maybe it isnt, but that yellow, It’s iridescent, it reacts to light like an eyeball.

Is this pus *inside* of the eyeball, a cataract, or what? He never had strange growths, never scratches it, never had bubbles coming from it, but he does close it from time to time.

What is it, what could I have done to prevent this that I didn’t do, etc.?
2B747338-CBD5-44F1-9235-3A8DA3374506.png

Attachments

• 5B679660-DBFB-430E-BF73-A4F6B60FF1CF.png
    5B679660-DBFB-430E-BF73-A4F6B60FF1CF.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 847E3D27-5D8D-4665-A19F-A69120D57A79.jpeg
    847E3D27-5D8D-4665-A19F-A69120D57A79.jpeg
    675.2 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom