WRY NECK REMEDY !!!!

CountryCooper

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 9, 2013
Norco ca
WRY NECK TREATMENT !! I just had a 4 Week silver laced Polish who suddenly came down with wry neck. It got to the point his head was just spinning in circles. His Left eye was paralyzed and he was not eating and could NOT DRINK !!!

He is alive and saved and running around !! THERE IS HOPE!!! SIMPLE !!!

1.Scrambled eggs smooched with lots of water. Put a little in there beak to encourage them to eat. With wry neck drinking water is very painful for them, when symptoms get bad, put it in the eggs....Spike did start eating after a first few FORCED BITES by me. Do keep water and food out for them as an option in the pen .
2. Once they have a little food in the tummy VITAMIN TIME - 2 VITAMIN E GEL CAPS DOWN THE THROAT. I only recommend that if your bird is over 3 weeks old. Be careful it is not shot straight down but get it in there mouth. Next 1/2 Dropper Poly VI SOL INFANT DROPS (NO IORN) . DO THIS 2 XS A DAY. BY DAY 5 HE WAS SHOWING BIG SIGNS OF IMPROVEMENT. I would do 1/2 the treatment for a 1-2 week old chick and make the eggs in a blender and syringe small amounts into the mouth but them swallow it. Just hold the beak open with some force and apply pea size drop for younger birds. Spike was eating Pea sized egg chunks mushed with water. The eggs for some reason were NOT painful for him to SWALLOW !!! IT was AMAZING !! ALSO THE are PACKED WITH SELENIUM AND VITAMIN E and they ARE a must TO MAKE everything work. THEY HELP TO ABSORB all THE VITAMINS. and the SELENIUM MAKES THE E ABSORB . HOPE THIS HELPS I THOUGHT HE WAS NOT GOING TO MAKE IT !! BUT HE IS ALIVE AND SPUNKY AS EVER !!

NOTE: NU SALT AND SALT MIXTURE WAS ADDED TO HIS EGGS TO KEEP HIM HYDRATED FOR THE FIRST 3 DAYS. JUST A PINCH OF BOTH.

ALSO ONCE THEY ARE ABLE TO EAT THE EGGS FROM YOUR HAND MIX A LITTLE CHICK START IN . IT HAS BEEN 4 weeks and he is out in the yard no more MEDS.

NECK BRACE: FOAM PAINTBRUSH HEADS WITH VELCRO AND HOT GLUE>>>VERY LIGHT .... I PUT THIS ON WHEN OUT WITH ME. HIS CHICK MATE WOULD PECK IT AND HIS HEAD !!!

TAKE THEM OUTSIDE !!! THE FRESH AIR REALLY MADE HIM MORE ALERT !!! I made an outdoor pen with a heat lamp because his poop was very stinky from all the meds and it is REALLY messy!! He seemed much happier outside in a bigger pen once he was making progress.

My bird also just recovered from wry neck. She is 6 months old. the treatment I used was Alan Stanford's treatment for wry neck. It consists of vitamin E and selenium and vitamin B and polyvisol liquid children's vitamins without iron and predinsone for brain swelling. You can find his treatment online with exact doses and schedules.it worked like a miracle! Thank God! My bird had a severe case of wry neck with her head between her legs and doing flips. she could only walk backwards. She couldn't even eat at first. Now she is like a normal chicken! I am so greatful for Alan Stanford's treatment plan!... I'm so happy your bird is better too! That's great both our birds are better!

Sounds Very Familiar !! Thanks for the information on your treatment plan. I did so much research and basically put all treatments and ideas together. I had heard of the predinsone, but did not have access to any so just upped my vitamin therapy to double the amount most were saying. I am a Strong believer in Vitamin therapy and usually double normal amounts just by routine. He had ONLY GREAT side effects so to anyone dealing with WRY neck, BE aggressive. IT GETS BAD FAST !!!

So glad to hear your girl MADE IT !!!
D.gif

I have a three week old baby silkie with wry neck and I am treating it now with the Vitamins. It’s little head jerks sometimes when it has it upright and I’m not sure why

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom