Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Good grief Frenchie I was joshing you! LOL!

Big marsh fire in the Rat River wetlands tonight. Started by the railroad around 1 ish. This area is in between HWY 10 and 96. We had ash from the fire raining down on us here. It is still burning right now....... I am curious how many acres have burned so far........ the smoke almost made it look like a plane had crashed at the Appleton airport.

Beautiful birds!

Very nice Birdman!!

Wellnmy first experience with shipped eggs has gone amazingly well. I think partially because of the awesome packaging job Dmrippy did. And because I listened to bator god Jim on bator instructions. Super Blue egg layers!

13out and one more pipped :)

Cuties, your babies are darling...I love the "spots".

Birdman, your BCM is beautiful. That is one of the breeds I am hoping to have.

And finally, what is "angel wings"? I have never heard that before.

Julie

PS the snow is almost gone...

Birdman, aren't those BCM eggs beautiful? !
Thank you Miss Wiggles!
Angel wing is when the whole wing turns out funny.
Frenchie, I wouldn't worry just yet. They seem to grow out of that once they get past that teenage stage ;) I think Jims friend had already called on that gander. Sorry!

good evening, I have a stinky egg.. I suspected it this morning, now I am sure..

all I have to do is search through about 200 eggs to pinpoint it.. It is in the hatcher,,

the first Asian lady stopped by today with another 6 doz eggs .. hers are the ones in lockdown right now..

I never saw angel wing on a chicken.. geese get them all the time..
I think it is caused by living on Horse Apple Ridge ..

........jiminwisc.........

I keep forgetting to post my new chick pics for this year

this guy is the lovable problem child of the group..To me, it looks like a penguin baby.

it hatched ok, but had a splayed leg right away, and learned quickly to wiggle out of the straw and rubber band leg brace. finally I braced him and stood him in a small tupperware bowl lined with paper towel for awhile to keep him upright and out of the water dish. It has had 2 warm bathes and blow dries so far. When I took him out of the torture tupperware he could stand ok on his own.
Now it is half the size of the yellow ones. If he is not a rooster, I will be shocked.

JJ

ps all the chicks have only 4 toes on each foot this hatch Hooray for that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom