Abundance of eggs & selling them

Selling "hatching eggs", because they aren't intended for the human food supply, is generally less costly and less onerous in terms of paperwork/licensing/etc though still similar in zoning requirements.
Right. Just trying to think of some loopholes that can be used, and I'm not familiar with the zoning laws in Wisconsin or its counties.

Everything is more strict at a restaurant of any kind. Any food establishment that uses washable dishes has to have three sinks. One to wash, one to rinse, one for a bleach rinse. You don't need three sinks if you have a dishwasher. If you have to wash your eggs before selling them, you will need the wash, rinse, bleach set up. I don't think you would need the big sinks, you might get away with one large kitchen sink that is separated into three.

Home Depot's cheapest stainless steel triple bowl sink is $250.
Yes. Thanks. They do spell it out like that. We have an egg washer which we could still use. But we also would need all the sinks, the walls, enclosed room with washable walls, the lighting, and procedures that are outlined. Plus the inspection approvals, the licenses, and other approved processing. And of course refrigeration and all that. We have the refrigerator, hand washing sink and all just not the room, walls, and all the approvals. Realistically it would cost us about $1,000 to do all of that.

Probably years. Not making money on the eggs currently and I really can’t raise the prices as already we are the same or more expensive than the competitors in our area 😖

Back
Top Bottom