Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Our Police Chief keeps his chickens out at a friends place (nice to have him on my side in the Chicken Wars)....

Got up this morning and moved as many plants outside as possible! I have things ready to go for making a few pies to take over to my in-laws. I was thinking Cherry and Peach, DD suggested Banana Cream but I do not think my bananas are ripe enough......

I posted this on the Bash page, but I will post it again here; any preferences on soap 'flavors'? I know I should make some Lavender, but other than that I have no idea.....

I suppose I should motivate here...... what a lovely day!

It was nice waking up to no chicks in the house. Now I have to spend the next three weeks getting the dust out.
It looks like rain today.
I was plugging away in the garden yesterday but holly cow it is muddy. I can't get in there more than a few feet with out sinking in deep.

Good morning to all! LOTS to read through today for sure.
HEADCHEESE! I had forgotten CC! I will have to go to that Bavarian butcher place my client got his from...God I loved that stuff! I might call the son and find out where it is and bring some for sampling to the bash. I really miss that guy!
hit.gif

So I worked with the lady in Oconomowoc the last two mornings...I am tired! Went riding with my daughter yesterday and we had lots of fun...I now am pretty sore. I guess I have to get my leg muscles back in tune!
Now I have finished the coffee in my cup and am headed outside. I think I will take the planters' advice and put the little plants out...they are getting quite leggy. The mini pepper seeds I planted from the peppers at the store did not come up. I wonder if they needed to be cold treated? Ideas?

Ghost I did answer about hatching eggs...

frow.gif
Jim--

Gotta run...oh yeah, I saw that same plant outside near my berry patch Kristip--I put the inside of my wrist on it cause I didnt want to pull it out if it was good....YUP--stinging nettle! Towards the end of spring I cant test it like that because I get to be immune...we have rampant nettle here!
I think it comes in the hay...
Have a good one! TerriOwhoseDHsayshewillnotbewearinganythinglikedaisydukesatthebash

Hello everyone- baby is still alive today. i gave her some water, and am still putting on the triple antibiotic on her head.
Anyone have any experience with taking eggs away from a broody this late in the incubation process? They are due to hatch today. A BIG surprise for me was that one of the eggs that I had taken away from the other broody on Friday is rocking and rolling. I thought there wasn't a chance in he!! because they were cold, but it seems like it is going to hatch. The rest that I took away yesterday are showing no movement. Do you think that they will be able to hatch, what with the moving them, and the fact that the incubator was not up to the correct humidity before they got put in there?
There is another batch in the same incubator that is supposed to hatch Tuesday. If anything hatches it will be a miracle!
roll.png

I bought another chicken coop today. Display model at TSC . I have to go back tomorrow to pick it up because all we had was the minivan full of kids. I plan on using it for the ducklings for now. They are 3weeks old, do they still need a heat lamp? They sure grow faster than chicks, but i didn't know if they had the same heat requirements that chicks have. There are 4 of them (pekin) The coop is set up as a little coop with a ramp and an attached run. Nothing huge, but I figured it would work for now.
Hope you all enjoyed the beautiful weather

Evening All...judge don't give up on broody moms....get some dang wire and keep her and the babies seperate from the rest...provide food and water and give mom a chance to enjoy the peeps after the long sit...it's really simple to do. She just might be a great mom. Chicks need protection from the flock for awhile....easy, peasy and then enjoy.

Back later...busy with steak and shrimp on the grill....

Well- I had wanted to move the hens and eggs, but someone told me, not sure if it was here or not, that she might break her broodiness then, and I should just leave her where she is. She will take care of everything. If I were ever to try again, I would definitely move her into her own area. Oh well, lesson learned!

Back
Top Bottom