will my rooster ever try to fight for dominance.

hunt

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 23, 2013
springfield,tennessee
Okay I have a young game rooster that I named rosco that is just over a year old .I got him when he was around three months old and still chirping like a chick .The day I got him I put him in a separate smaller pen right beside the pen with all of the other grown chickens. At that time I had two other roosters .Rosco was always a little scared of the other two roosters even in his own pen ,but now we only have one other rooster and rosco is out with all the grown chickens . At first when he was first out he was scared of all of the hens and the rooster. now the only one he any attention to is the other rooster .I am just wondering will he ever try to fight for dominance ? The other the other rooster tries to fight him all the time now and rosco will get in a fighting stance for a second but when the other rooster tries to hit at him rosco backs off .I was just wondering is this normal for a young rooster and will he ever fight for dominance ? I would really like him to be the dominant rooster.

this is a picture of him.

Okay I have a young game rooster that I named rosco that is just over a year old .I got him when he was around three months old and still chirping like a chick .The day I got him I put him in a separate smaller pen right beside the pen with all of the other grown chickens. At that time I had two other roosters .Rosco was always a little scared of the other two roosters even in his own pen ,but now we only have one other rooster and rosco is out with all the grown chickens . At first when he was first out he was scared of all of the hens and the rooster. now the only one he any attention to is the other rooster .I am just wondering will he ever try to fight for dominance ? The other the other rooster tries to fight him all the time now and rosco will get in a fighting stance for a second but when the other rooster tries to hit at him rosco backs off .I was just wondering is this normal for a young rooster and will he ever fight for dominance ? I would really like him to be the dominant rooster.

this is a picture of him.
If he wants to and is confident enough to he will. If he is happy being below your other rooster he wont bother. You also maybes shouldn't want him to be because he could be really nasty to your old roo if he gets above then you will start to feel guilty for getting him if he really hurts your old roo.

The thing is I want him to be dominant and boss around the other rooster because the other rooster is mean to me and the hens wear as rosco is nice to them and me. So it would be better if he was dominant.

Back
Top Bottom