Will I be able to tell them apart?

jdennysgirl

Chirping
15 Years
Jun 22, 2008
I have 3 RIR day old chicks. My question is, when they are mature will I be able to tell them apart? Do all the same breed chickens look alike or are there ways to tell them apart? Thanks.

BTW, they are just adorable!

My breeds all looked the same when they were young and as they started to mature they get different personalities and start getting "their own" colors. I know all mine apart now and they all have names and LOVE attention. Don't worry...as you get to know them you will be able to tell them apart. EVEN if they DO look the same.

BTW you should share pics so we can see just how adorable they are!
wink.png
ya.gif

Ok you asked for it!!! The World's most adorable babies!!! LOL They really are sweet. The grandkids named them Roo, Henny Penny, and of course, Fuzzy Butt!!

The pictures have a reddish tint to them cause of the light.

HennyPennyRooandFuzzyButt1dayold-4.jpg

HennyPennyRooandFuzzyButt1dayold-3.jpg

HennyPennyRooandFuzzyButt1dayold-2.jpg

HennyPennyRooandFuzzyButt1dayold-1.jpg

HennyPennyRooandFuzzyButt1dayold7-0.jpg

I was worried about being able to tell my 3 Buff Orp girls apart. Now I know I dont have to worry.
smile.png

Audrey comes right up and wants to be held. Mae is the biggest of the three. So that leaves Olivia
wink.png

I am thinking though of getting leg bands or something. So that my daughter and husband can tell them apart.

I started out with two RIRs that I could easily tell apart. When they got to be about 8wks though, I no longer really knew which one was which. Unfortunately one of them was eaten by a predator so I just picked one of the names and that's it!

Once my Blacks and Browns were full grown I put zip ties on them so I can easily tell them apart. My chicks I have taken a page from Miss Prissy and painted their toe nails!

Back
Top Bottom