Wild robin obsessed with my chickens?

MetroMutt

Songster
Mar 9, 2021
NJ
The last few weeks a robin that seems young has been hanging around my chickens, it seems young as it keeps doing what I call "baby chirps" and is very fluffy/round even though it has adult plumage! If we are indoors it will sit next the the run and pick around in the grass by them, sometimes it will get close to my girls too even with the fence between them. Today it actually went inside the run while they were free ranging and flew by me about a foot away.

I believe it may be one of the baby robins that their parents raised in our garden last year, before we had our chickens

I have grown fond of the little guy and was wondering if there was any way to make it safe for it to live in my yard? Would it be possible to deworm it through leaving water out with it or something similar? If not ill be putting some deterrents out and trying to scare it away

Its very cute seeing it hop around and we have been calling it Miki since it reminds us of our conure Kiwi

Why do you think Robin has worms??? I would just let Robin do whatever he wants to. BTW, couple days ago I seen my first Robin of the season. That generally indicates spring is here. :old :thumbsup
Robins eat insects and worms. (earthworms) If none of those are around, I have seen Robin picking up bird seeds I offer year round. (bird feeder)
Skip the deterrents, and don't scare it away.:confused: I see no merit in doing such.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

Back
Top Bottom