Wide stance silver appleyard

Ducketts

In the Brooder
Oct 4, 2023
Hey everyone, I got me 3 new babies from Metzers 1 magpie, one buff and one silver appleyard. The magpie and buff are doing really well and the silver a is healthy, but she has a wide stance compared to the other 2. She seems to be moving around just fine but she does seem to plop down for a rest and sometimes is too lazy to fully stand when she wants to walk a few inches. She kind of scoots herself along on her feet and haunch together when she doesn't have far to go. I started adding nutritional yeast to their feed and water a bit ago just to be cautious. But I was wondering if this is normal since she is a larger breed than the other 2? I have 3 Perkins one Rouen and a khaki adults but I can't recall if any of them did this. It attached a picture of the silver apple yard (hazel) next to her sister (Maggie) for reference. Mind the poop, I just got home and need to change their bedding lol.
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20240506_173927969.jpg
    IMG_20240506_173927969.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240506_173929308.jpg
    IMG_20240506_173929308.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240506_173928738.jpg
    IMG_20240506_173928738.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 4
Also they're Just under 3 weeks old and I feed them dumor duck all life stage pellets from TSC and they got pre/post biotic as well as electrolytes for their first week in every drinker and now they get it in one drinker and they have a clean clear water drench bowl

I would get her on Durvet’s B complex asap. They sell it at Tractor Supply as an injectable medicine for cattle. We don’t inject it though. Buy syringes too. Then, pour 1 mL over dry treats like mealworms and it give it to her. The wide stance is a symptom of Niacin deficiency. Some, especially large breeds, just need more than others or what is in duck feed. I also would be sure she is getting lots of swim therapy. That will build muscles without putting stress on those joints. Good luck!

I would get her on Durvet’s B complex asap. They sell it at Tractor Supply as an injectable medicine for cattle. We don’t inject it though. Buy syringes too. Then, pour 1 mL over dry treats like mealworms and it give it to her. The wide stance is a symptom of Niacin deficiency. Some, especially large breeds, just need more than others or what is in duck feed. I also would be sure she is getting lots of swim therapy. That will build muscles without putting stress on those joints. Good luck!
That was my thought, my one Pekin had a niacin deficiency that caused her feet to turn in so I wasn't sure on this symptom. I will get her on b complex asap. Thank you!

I was wondering until I get to TSC would the natures bounty b complex liquid be ok? Here's the breakdown

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240506-200832.png
    Screenshot_20240506-200832.png
    327.8 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom