which silkie colours are these?

Thijs

Chirping
Apr 17, 2020
Hi

I ordered and hatched some eggs of the USA Silkie buff colour. I already have a flock of buff european silkie but I would like to switch to USA type.
I didn't have a lot of luck. Only 3 were fertilized and 1 chick tried to get out but at the wrong side of the egg.
The one that didn't make it had exactly the same colour like my own european silkie chicks.

The other 2 have red in them but also some dark colour and I would like to know what they will become and if it has any sense breeding with them.
(meanwhile I bought some USA buff chicks)

360.jpg

360.jpg

360.jpg

my european buff coloured silkie as a comparison:

360.jpg

Hi

I ordered and hatched some eggs of the USA Silkie buff colour. I already have a flock of buff european silkie but I would like to switch to USA type.
I didn't have a lot of luck. Only 3 were fertilized and 1 chick tried to get out but at the wrong side of the egg.
The one that didn't make it had exactly the same colour like my own european silkie chicks.

The other 2 have red in them but also some dark colour and I would like to know what they will become and if it has any sense breeding with them.
(meanwhile I bought some USA buff chicks)

360.jpg

360.jpg

360.jpg

my european buff coloured silkie as a comparison:

360.jpg
Blue Partridge.
20200724_122829.jpg
20210504_164433.jpg

that's what I was afraid of... 20 eggs to get buff and 2 partridges...

anyway what happens if I combine them with pure buff? will half of the chicks be buff and half partridge. will they all be a mix?

Back
Top Bottom