What to feed to get Orange yolk

I thought you had mentioned canned. In any event, its clear my brain isn't working this AM, I'm stepping off in favor of those whose neurons are making the right connections today. I need to do some culling.
The canned is the spinach and salmon is frozen.
you might need an adderall prescription to keep you focus and give you energy (tip don't drink caffeine when at adderall)

actually no, the salmon I tried to eat frying them and seasoning but it does not taste good so I just give it to the chickens. Also the salmon has freezer burns already so human consumption is not an option
Years ago production companies did feed sardines to chickens..so feeding fish to poultry in not unusual..I'd love to grow wheat..seems to be the main component in most feed. But it's very hard work..I want to grow heirloom corn. There's a blue heirloom corn that can be dried for cornmeal or feed corn.

I need a mix of feed that can produce orange egg, it can be commercially produce or DIY feed mix. I do not have vegetable growing this winter but I can buy alfalfa and hay right now in AGWAY

Years ago production companies did feed sardines to chickens..so feeding fish to poultry in not unusual..I'd love to grow wheat..seems to be the main component in most feed. But it's very hard work..I want to grow heirloom corn. There's a blue heirloom corn that can be dried for cornmeal or feed corn.
Oh yes chickens like salmon specially in -20c / -9

Have you tried offering alfalfa? I know my chickens like to eat the alfalfa pellets I buy for the goats but not the dehydrated flaky alfalfa.

I already ran this experiment lol. A little out of order but you can see the progression from yellow to deep orange. Red pepper added to regular feed will do it.

Edited to add that the difference between the pale yellow and deep orange is about a week. You can change the color of their yolks really quickly. I don't think it matters what type of pepper you use- cayenne, paprika, etc as long as it's red.

Attachments

• 20220311_132842-COLLAGE.jpg
    20220311_132842-COLLAGE.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom