What eats my golf balls? in the winter

I will offer another suggestion.
Take a little money/time and predator proof the coop, and never worry about it again.
I tried setting up motion detectors to alert me, so I could shoot the rats.
Then I tried to set up traps.
I set up 5 gallon buckets with a roller, and water in the bottom.
I put out poison.
Nothing would stop the rats.

So I took some scrap wood, and wire from around the house and Rat-Proofed my coop. I verified it is rat proofed by putting a wireless camera to watch it.
Because I feed inside my coop, I lowered my feed bill by at least 60 percent, probably closer to 70%. I had no idea how much feed the rats were eating.

My suggestion is to predator proof the coop. Lock them up at night manually, or get a auto door. You can get one for as little as ~$80.00, but you have to build the door yourself, etc.

You can never get rid of all the predators. But you can stop them from coming in. If you kill one, then another will just take its place.

Oh ok, this is not really an auto door, just a motor.
I was looking for an auto door with a time set and stuff.
Now it makes sense why only 80, but that seem high too.

i am not artistic enough to build my own, ,but my door is all set :)
I would be happy to help you with this. Truly, I would be happy as can be to give you some help. We can call, video conference, etc.

Heck, pay me the materials, and pay for the shipping and ill build it for you.

Ok, this nest is not in the coop, those in the coop have not been touched,,, yet. (about 20 feet away for the girls that want to hide their nest) The nest box is 18" x 18" x 24" open at one end, and out in the yard/run. The coop is closed at night for now just to be on the safe side. I leave no food out at night, or extra in the day time.
I washed 4 more balls with egg white let them dry and put them in this nest. With the large amount that last disappeared, I dont think whatever will be back for a few days, as this has been the cycle even with just 2 taken.
As to humans doing this, well these fine folks that live next to me are scared sh!tless of me and my gun! I do shoot! And they have been warned,, oh did I say they are all into meth? And before you flame me, I have talked with the local law man on this, he said "drop em", so I dont think it is a human! At least once I eliminated the grandkids,,,, this happens around midnight to 2 AM.
As much as I would like to get some automation going, I am on a fixed income and there are no funds for it at this time.

Back
Top Bottom