What did you do in the garden today?

I got inspired by this lady's video, but I didn't follow her recipe measurements, I used my normal bread recipe, and made it wet. Focaccia is basically a wet dough. I found that I prefer this type of dough for making bread and pizza. It opened up a new world for me.

I got an idea to make a Giant Black Winter Melon pizza. I used 2tsp salt to 1 cup water to preserve some gourd and to serve it as a side dish. I sautéed some of it with fresh mushrooms and used it as a topping for my sun gold cream sauce pizza.

The possibilities are endless......... :love
DSCN0364.JPG

Last edited:
I got inspired by this lady's video, but I didn't follow her recipe measurements, I used my normal bread recipe, and made it wet. Focaccia is basically a wet dough. I found that I prefer this type of dough for making bread and pizza. It opened up a new world for me.

I got an idea to make a Giant Black Winter Melon pizza. I used 2tsp salt to 1 cup water to preserve some gourd and to serve it as a side dish. I sautéed some of it with fresh mushrooms and used it as a topping for my sun gold cream sauce pizza.

View attachment 3810605

I'm at the chiropractor on the traction table, watching this...ooohhh that looks so good! 😋 yum!!!

View attachment 3810605

Looks good! Will you post this in the Baking thread?

Eating asparagus and sugar snap peas are my reward for getting chores done in the morning.

So CUTE! Pupper and all. What breed is that one with the wing bars?

I love collards cooked slow and southern style, I need to find another recipe minus the bacon/hamhock, DP is wary of the processed meat factor.

You are a naughty one, @TJAnonymous!

I planted most of the tomatoes today and put the cages around them. If we get more temps in the 30s,it should be easy to get trash bags over them.
She's a lavender Orpington.
What breed are those cuties?! 😍 I'm pretty sure you mentioned before but I can't remember things for more than 6 seconds.

I'll have to try the tomato technique! I had never thought to do that.
Lavender orpingtons, we also have cream legbars, and black copper Marans.
Ya, the babies are always cute.
Ask me about the grown, fat, farty, moody, snorting boys...go ahead.....
-----
Ran over to the village to get onions for the tomato soup I'm making for the FDer tomorrow night.
While I was there, I grabbed a box of ice cream sandwiches and a half gallon of mint ice cream for the FDer today. I mean, as long as I had the cooler in the truck, right?!
I can't figure out what FDer means...

Trying something new. Can't remember where I saw the idea. Hopefully will help keep things watered when that Florida sun gets hot.
Clay pots (made in USA)...wine corks (I have a few)
Buried 3/4 in soil. We have a very sandy mixed with rabbit 💩
Filled with water.
That looks really interesting, let us know how it goes?

Back
Top Bottom