What did you do in the garden today?

I covered the blueberry bushes in anticipation of last night's frost.
IMG_6063.JPG

The sun is out now, so I uncovered them. We have a freeze warning for tonight, so I'm hoping to capture some of the heat in the ground to warm the bushes overnight.
IMG_E6066.JPG

I take the bags up around 6 pm, when this are is in shade, and cover the bushes again.

The rest is up to :fl :fl

Yup. I visited an Alpaca farm before I met him, held a baby cria in my arms. Oh the temptation!!! I kinda nixed the idea back then, until I can relocate...30 to 50 acres...would mean more additions to the family ❤️ fuzzy, furry & feathered lol
Ya, the babies are always cute.
Ask me about the grown, fat, farty, moody, snorting boys...go ahead.....
-----
Ran over to the village to get onions for the tomato soup I'm making for the FDer tomorrow night.
While I was there, I grabbed a box of ice cream sandwiches and a half gallon of mint ice cream for the FDer today. I mean, as long as I had the cooler in the truck, right?!

Ya, the babies are always cute.
Ask me about the grown, fat, farty, moody, snorting boys...go ahead.....
-----
Grown, farty, moody...those 3 describe my DH 🤣 (which #2 incidentally, was why he was on my poop list last night)

Well...alpacas would be a perfect fit then!

Clay pots (made in USA)...wine corks (I have a few)
Buried 3/4 in soil. We have a very sandy mixed with rabbit 💩
Filled with water.
Let us know how it goes! It sounds like a good plan.

I saw something the "same only different" a few years ago. Take a gallon milk jug, punch some small holes in the bottom. (Big enough for water to dribble out.) Bury them half way, near the plant/tree you're watering. Fill the jug with water. Leave the cap off.

I never tried it, but I might this year. We have been saving milk jugs and have gobs. Dozens. A veritable plethora.

Oh, this is timely:
Another use for milk jugs is to cut off the bottom of the jug, and use it as a cloche to cover tender plants when frost threatens. Put the cap on for maximum protection; leave it off when the sun comes out so that the plants don't over heat.

I have found that milk jugs get very brittle after time out in the sun. If you leave them out for too long, they are a real mess to gather for disposal.

Ask me how I know this....

Wow!!! Gotta love going to the thrift shop!!! Thanks, I did get a great deal. 👍 😃

Isn't that crazy? $49 for a cheese dome? Honestly, when we eat cheese, it does not last long enough to even use a dome. 🤣

Always like a deal though, made my day, thank you! I didn't know what it was for but you found it.
View attachment 3810309
Right?! Who has cheese long enough to dome it? But it's cute! (I love cheese, all cheese)
I covered the blueberry bushes in anticipation of last night's frost.
View attachment 3810465
The sun is out now, so I uncovered them. We have a freeze warning for tonight, so I'm hoping to capture some of the heat in the ground to warm the bushes overnight.
View attachment 3810466
I take the bags up around 6 pm, when this are is in shade, and cover the bushes again.

The rest is up to :fl :fl
We are livin the same life right now! I'm debating on covering my peach tree. The low is 31, but they never have a clue & we're always a few degrees colder than everywhere else up here on the hill. But when I covered the other night it knocked off like 75% of the flowers. I'm torn. :barnie

I started a few more eggplant seeds. The package says they can take 30 days to sprout. The first 2 came up in a matter of like 3 days & the rest just sit there.

I thought we eliminated the rabbit that kept having babies in my strawberry bed, but seems we eliminated a different one, lol. She's back, but this time I have no strawberries in there, it's going to be tomatoes, so she has time I guess to get them grown & moved out. Stupid rabbit. Can't wait for the new fence!

I could be wrong. Maybe there is a difference.
There is a difference, my green coated Tycoon Tomato seeds couldn't sprout in my regular small domed seed tray with 1/4 inch of water on the bottom. The seed company Reimer Seed's instructions specifically stated not to leave water on the bottom of the seed tray to sprout these seeds. These seeds only sprout in moist potting mix. It did not like it wet that's how I discovered there was a difference. My Tycoon seeds only sprouted in the wicking mat seed tray with dome.

Back
Top Bottom