What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
@z3lda3

I can’t tell you how much I needed this thread, at this time. I lost my favorite chicken suddenly Tuesday night at only 3 years old. So thank you for having the best BYC intro ever, it’s a real pleasure to meet you 🙂

I'm so sorry murphy! I know how much you love your birds, this must be very hard. Sending so many hugs your way :hugs :hugs :hugs

It does help! I’m just going to start making breeds up. Like oh what kind of chickens you got? “ I've got Xandidiidles” See how they like being stumped.
I love chickens and Google, it's a great breeding pair! If it helps (further) 6 years ago a nice lady i didn't know came all the way to my house. She had a brahma hen and a white leghorn hen in two cat carriers. They had been in the crate for over a year without being let out.
An elderly lady gave them to her, and she was just driving around trying to give them away. I live 4 miles down a horrid dirt road. In the middle of nowhere. No one knew me yet.
For her to find me with free chickens ...
The smell was godawful.
The brahma died. She had mites so bad she was nekkit. She was sick, too.
The scrawny little LH actually pulled through, i named her penny. Followed me around like a pup for two years. After her release from that carrier i swear she actually cried. You should've seen her looking around the coop like a kid at Christmas.
She lost 3 toes and part of one foot from infection.
Didn't slow her down at all.
She started me on my obsession with chickens.
And for two years i had "a skinny white one with a sailtail that lays every day" lol.

We all gotta start somewhere!
RIP pretty penny.

They can watch with you 🙂
I had my babies in the guest room for 5 weeks before they went outside. After the first power outage (stupid Atlanta!!) I slept up there with them.

I’m still married, but not allowed to get more baby chickens…
lol I’m not allowed to buy anymore chicks either! Sooo I’m incubating some eggs my neighbor gave me. My husband said “damn a loophole!” So yay I’m still married too :)

Back
Top Bottom