What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
Ok Mr/Mrs know it all (humorous tone)
Based on the photos, yes those would be Cochins (Bantam Frizzle Cochins.)

And yes, I'm definitely one of those people who spouts information for almost any reason, at almost any time, on several different subjects. I TRY to keep it to reasonable quantities at a time.... :lau

So are you hoping to get the black splash partiges from your broody hens? Or just those on your wish list?
Based on what breeds and colors the person listed, they will probably not get any of those Silkie colors from their current Silkies. (I'm guessing you do NOT want a full-page explanation of the genetics involved!)

I heard someone say “Chantecler”.
I am here to preach about how they are the best breed. :D
Yes! Although I'm still yet to get mine, I'm picking them up next week. And I have some eggs in the incubator.

But they handle hot, cold, humid, dry, free range OR cooped, good layers AND meat birds. Perfect for my little homestead!

Yes! Although I'm still yet to get mine, I'm picking them up next week. And I have some eggs in the incubator.

But they handle hot, cold, humid, dry, free range OR cooped, good layers AND meat birds. Perfect for my little homestead!
Agreed. They were my favourites and I bred them to SOP for years.

And yes, I'm definitely one of those people who spouts information for almost any reason, at almost any time, on several different subjects. I TRY to keep it to reasonable quantities at a time.... :lau

Based on what breeds and colors the person listed, they will probably not get any of those Silkie colors from their current Silkies. (I'm guessing you do NOT want a full-page explanation of the genetics involved!)
My friend has some of the colors but I will buy chicks or hatching eggs for the other colors(Im not a complete dunce;)

Thank you for the breed ID!
No thank you, I’ll get into genetics probably never. I was a history/English major absolutely NOT science! However I’ll love talking to ppl who are informative! I’m in the south and we are talkers!

I think the partridge Chantecler females are gorgeous. But they'd probably melt here. Not that I'm looking to add more breeds currently...

Oh seriously those sound perfect for me! Do you know their temperament? Do you know if they’ll get along with my red sex links? My RSLs are so docile and super friendly. Scared of their own shadow but sweet as can be.

Standard of Perfection. In the USA, from the American Poultry Association. For people in other countries, from the appropriate group in their country.
Standard of Perfection. In the USA, from the American Poultry Association. For people in other countries, from the appropriate group in their country.
Oh so kind of like the AKC the dog breed thing?

Back
Top Bottom