What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
But don’t chickens eat butterflies? I mean don’t they eat bugs?? Or have I raised vegetarians? Darn the green beans and watermelon.
Not much meat on a butterfly. Mine will eat them as appetizers but prefer to chow down on a mouse, frog, snake, or my fingers and toes.

Its better to shorten names, And for some reason some chicken people get mad at me when I do it. I would rather call a barred rock Plymouth a "Rock Chicken!" Leave me be!!!
I was at the state fair last year, and was looking at the chickens. I was looking and this man says oh he’s a polish something - I have no idea what he said. Anyway I leaned over talking to this chicken, oh you’re a cute polishy wolishy. This man was not happy. He’s not a polishy wolishy. He’s a third time winning Polish knickerbob from the Andes mountains- or something like that. I said I’m sorry I meant no offense, and went and hung out the pigs.

Whenever I talk to my husband about types of chickens, he just shrugs his shoulders and says... 'IDK, it's a chicken' 😆

Actually, I rarely even bring them up in conversation because it is like talking to a wall. 😆
Sounds like mine initially. But he asks me now, “What breeds do we have?” Yet he can go on about vegetable varieties for days.

Its better to shorten names, And for some reason some chicken people get mad at me when I do it. I would rather call a barred rock Plymouth a "Rock Chicken!" Leave me be!!!
All 12 of mine are Barred Rocks, :thumbsup I have 11 hens and a rooster. I think I am going to keep it that way, no need trying to learn how to pronounce another name like "Favor roll" or whatever it is, :lol:

Seriously though, there are some very beautiful breeds with fancy names. If I had one I feel like I would be obligated to decorate the coop, serve scratch on china, and buy a crystal waterer. I ain't got time for that 😫

I was at the state fair last year, and was looking at the chickens. I was looking and this man says oh he’s a polish something - I have no idea what he said. Anyway I leaned over talking to this chicken, oh you’re a cute polishy wolishy. This man was not happy. He’s not a polishy wolishy. He’s a third time winning Polish knickerbob from the Andes mountains- or something like that. I said I’m sorry I meant no offense, and went and hung out the pigs.
Polish Tophat, cool looking birds

Back
Top Bottom