Boehmeabode

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2020
We are proud new owners of 20 chicks now 4 weeks old. We have four Welsummers in our flock although I have my doubts on whether our Audrey is in fact a Welsummer or something else. She has a speckled head and lighter in color when compared to her sisters. At first I thought she was in fact a cockerel but she has yet to develop a comb of any sort and has zero black in her chest. Can anyone tell me what their guess is?
First phot is at three weeks, second was taken at four weeks.

Attachments

• 2C0973BB-DBF9-4742-A71E-4FD0A1E9164D.jpeg
    2C0973BB-DBF9-4742-A71E-4FD0A1E9164D.jpeg
    884.8 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 20
What kind of comb does she have (e.g. pea, single, rose)? She looks like an Easter Egger to me, muffs, green legs, the overall pattern and the fact you say that she has yet to develop any comb. (Easter Eggers have pea combs, which are smaller than other types of combs and can be hard to notice when the chicks are young.) If she is, you'll probably get interesting colored eggs! My EE's lay blue/green, some people have reported pink and brown, it's really a surprise!

That’s a good point, she has a pea comb, or simply a non exsistant comb at this point in contrast to her supposed sisters who all have a single comb, typical for welsummers. I think you may be right. From the research I’ve done, she seems to have the coloring for an EE. Very exciting!

Back
Top Bottom