Want to build a hoop coop, but I don't have cattle panels!

Get pieces of rebar (mine were 3’) drive them halfway into the ground in the pattern of the coop that you want. I used 5 pairs for the 16’ long coop/greenhouse I built out of 10’ pvc pipes and covered with greenhouse plastic. Mine was 8’ wide so I needed two pieces of pipe for each rib and the three strengthening braces. I made my end caps from sheets of MDS. I used scrap wood to protect the sides. I looked for a picture but did not use my phone’s camera. It was still in good shape when we had to disassemble it because of moving two years later.

Get pieces of rebar (mine were 3’) drive them halfway into the ground in the pattern of the coop that you want. I used 5 pairs for the 16’ long coop/greenhouse I built out of 10’ pvc pipes and covered with greenhouse plastic. Mine was 8’ wide so I needed two pieces of pipe for each rib and the three strengthening braces. I made my end caps from sheets of MDS. I used scrap wood to protect the sides. I looked for a picture but did not use my phone’s camera. It was still in good shape when we had to disassemble it because of moving two years later.
Thanks for your tips! How tall is the coop? I want to make mine talll enough so I can stand in it - I’m 5’3”, and large enough to place a couple chairs and small drink table inside. My plan is to plant a blackberry bush to grow on one side or end of my coop. I use a hedge trimmer on my other berry bushes.

Back
Top Bottom