Vaccinating serama chick for mareks

HerbanChickenLover

In the Brooder
Sep 28, 2021
I just hatched 5 serama chicks a day ago. I called the local feed store and they do have the Mareks vaccine available. I’m finding very little information specific to seramas about vaccinating. Is it safe to do so and is the 0.2cc dosage the same as any other chick? I know it’s best to do at day one, but hopefully this will be okay. Thanks in advance!

Yes, I understand that it is only available in 1000 dose bottles, so most will be wasted. My question is specific to seramas. I’m hoping to see if anyone has experience vaccinating them. If the dosage is the same and if it’s safe to do so.

I just hatched 5 serama chicks a day ago. I called the local feed store and they do have the Mareks vaccine available. I’m finding very little information specific to seramas about vaccinating. Is it safe to do so and is the 0.2cc dosage the same as any other chick? I know it’s best to do at day one, but hopefully this will be okay. Thanks in advance!
Did you ever find an answer? I’ll be vaccinating my Seramas soon.

No, I did not. I ended up not vaccinating because I was too nervous to do it. My research gave me a lot of conflicting information. It seems like a lot of people don’t, and some give half doses. I’d be curious what alchemist farms does for theirs, maybe I’ll reach out to them.

Alchesmist doesn't vaccinate and it isn't an option when you buy there. I bought some chicks from them and some from McMurray at the same time. I asked Alchemist if it was ok to have vaccinated with unvaccinated (as I also have hens that are vaccinated). SHe said it would be fine as their birds are healthy and robust. I had trouble finding info on vaccinating too. I didn't vaccinate them and all are doing well. I have gotten more chicks from Alchemist since then because they are so healthy and strong from day one. And because I can avoid having them shipped. And because I love the speckles. I'd bet yours do well! Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom