Utah!

Howdy,
It's been a few years since I posted but Iv'e surfed thru quite often.

My 2 hens, Black Stars under 2 years old just stopped laying about a week ago. Nothing at all. In the 6 years of BYC's Iv'e never recalled seeing this. Anybody have any ideas? Are yours doing the same? A buddy in Lehi says his flock has really scaled back too.

Thanks.
b.

I spent the most discouraging evening calling multiple veterinary clinics to try to find someone who will see chickens. The only one I found that sees poultry told me they were too booked to see my girl. Can anyone recommend a UT vet who is (1) not too far from Taylorsville (2) is willing to see chickens?

I spent the most discouraging evening calling multiple veterinary clinics to try to find someone who will see chickens. The only one I found that sees poultry told me they were too booked to see my girl. Can anyone recommend a UT vet who is (1) not too far from Taylorsville (2) is willing to see chickens? 

We bring our chickens to Creekside veterinary services. It is in draper

Free Chickens if you live in Cache Valley, Utah

I have seven of the sweetest hens ever! We get 4-5 egg a day. Unfortunately I have serious case of pneumonia and I can't be out in the chicken yard. I don't know how long it will be before I am completely better, and I can't risk complications by cleaning out the chicken coop, and spending time with my sweet hens. Since I am prone to respiratory problems, I just need to find them a good home.

I am looking for someone who will give them a good home in the country, preferably with a big chicken run, or else where they can free range sometimes. If you are interested, perhaps we could private message so I could get your address and pictures of your chicken coop/chicken run. This must be someone who lives in Cache Valley, Utah. I don't want them to have a long ride to their new home.

Thank you!

Hi! My fiance and I are getting married in December and one of the first things we want to do is get chickens. We'll be living in Orem, Utah. So we're probably going to wait and get chicks in April, but do y'all think it would also be possible to get some older girls in December (we'll have a heat lamp and what not for them)? We're not too sure about the availability of chickens / where's the best place to get them in Utah since we are both from out of state :) Any information will be helpful!

Lynnette, to find birds in the non-chick season, go to www.KSL.com, then click Classifieds. Scroll down to Pets and Livestock, then click on Poultry and Gamebirds. There are tons of chickens available in those classifieds. You can even get entire flocks from people who are getting out of chicken-keeping. You can also get entire flocks plus the chicken coop! I've done a lot of buying and selling on KSL and have not had a bad experience yet.

Lynette, the previous reply from spencecat is correct. ksl.com is the best place to look for older chickens, because people think it will be fun to get little baby chicks and then they soon get tired of raising them, or sometimes they find out they are not actually allowed to keep chickens in their area. Or I have seen some ads where people are moving and have to give away their chickens. I got some free baby chicks on ksl.com a few years ago, only a few weeks old, with their food, and feeders also free, because the people decided they didn't want to raise chickens after all. So keep checking on ksl.com if you want some older chickens.

As for where the best place to buy baby chicks in Orem, I am not from that area so maybe someone else on this forum can help you.

Back
Top Bottom