*UPDATE*Only Serama people will get it/only BYC will appreciate it!

BluegrassSeramas

Serama Savvy
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
Central Kentucky
Ok, sooo last night I was catching up on some stuff before heading to Lexington with Kelly to pick up our friend whose car was messing up.

I was quickly checking my posts, updating my photobucket and emailing people when I saw this just before we left.

It was a question I had posted previously on an SCNA (Serama Council) thread.

Jessi--"Im looking to find info elsewhere, but thought that you wonderful people could help! How do you secure a sale pen at the Nationals? I was considering the idea of bringing a few from our frizzled line-- if no one objects.
Thank you in advance."
(( I asked that because years ago, I got totally flamed for even bringing up a line of frizzed seramas...I seriously didnt talk about my frizzles online for like 2 years..until BYC...))

THEN last night, I got a response...from Jerry Schexnayder himself--the ORIGINAL serama importer, who has the greatest birds EVER! He's like, practically famous!
love.gif
lol I have spent years following him and looking at his birds and learning all I can from someone who started the whole Serama Revolution! (Among info from MANY other great breeders....)

Jerry writes: "Something you may want to consider, enter them into competition and put a for sale sign on the coop. They would receive better exposure and you wouldn't have to fight the sales area where most sell their culls and trash. I may be interested in one myslef.
big_smile.png
"

I was like--
ep.gif

and then I was all "OMG! Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK!!"
and then we were both like
ep.gif
bun.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif

and jumping up and down screaming like little girls at a Jonas Brothers concert.

Did THE Jerry just say that he was interested in OUR birds?!?!

Then we called my partner who totally thought it was cool and we called a bunch of our other friends at midnight to tell them. Of course they were like......"Uh, who?......Um..thats uh, great! Yeah."

We were all excited and couldn't wait to post it on BYC-----cause you guys understand and are so much more accepting of our totally crazy chicken addiction and antics!! And you "GET it!" Thats why we LOVE you all here!!
PS--Im going to die of embarrassment if Jerry sees this, lol.
gig.gif
So dont pass it on.. lol

Last edited:
I can't WAIT till Columbus Nationals now!!! ROAD TRIP!!!
celebrate.gif
We may even have top break down and get a cheap hotel room or something. Anybody out there live in Columbus and want to give 2 chicken-crazed girls a room for the night? LOL...j/k...I believe some other people are coming with us also....we might have to get a room.....and rent a van to fit us and our chickens in one vehicle
lau.gif

I know Patrick wants a ride.

We are going to have to find Liz when we are there!
Im so excited!
We are for sure delivering some frizzled serama to another breeder there!

ep.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
thumbsup.gif
Thats SOOOOOO awesome!!!! Congrats you gals
big_smile.png
I have always been very fond of Jerry and all he has done to make it possible for alot of us to enjoy our seramas. This is sooo great and I am sooo happy for you!!! You DO have GREAT Birds!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom