Turken Naken Necks (EW!)

I'm such a fan of naked necks! I joke with my boyfriend that they're the pugs of the chicken world haha so ugly they're cute.

View attachment 2591913
View attachment 2591918

My Roo is a NN and he's very friendly and all around a great rooster to his girls. He won't be winning any beauty pageants but he keeps his ladies happy! And he also did wonderful this winter and we reached -30C in February this year.

View attachment 2591920
The pugs! Ha! I'm naming my next one pugsly

I'm such a fan of naked necks! I joke with my boyfriend that they're the pugs of the chicken world haha so ugly they're cute.

View attachment 2591913
View attachment 2591918

My Roo is a NN and he's very friendly and all around a great rooster to his girls. He won't be winning any beauty pageants but he keeps his ladies happy! And he also did wonderful this winter and we reached -30C in February this year.

View attachment 2591920
The little chickie looks so cute. 🥰

Attachments

• 20200325_165007.jpg
    20200325_165007.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 8
Mine are friendly and great foragers. They lay perfect satiny large to extra large eggs, are very cold hardy and you can make any color you want. I have had some with crests (legbar cross), feathered legs and feet (cochin cross) and some truly impressive Jersey Giant crosses that stalk around like little dinosaurs. Excellent egg layers and superior meat birds. And the chicks are such little cuties. They grow on you after a while.
PICT0758.jpg

All of the Turken Naked Necks I've seen are ugly! Who else thinks this way? Why were they bred with no feathers on their necks? I think I heard because their easier to pluck that way... But just WHY? They are so ugly. If you care to object, please do so, but I feel like a lot of people will agree with me on this one. Even Showgirl chickens don't look good, contrary to their name.
I have 2 and absolutely love them !! They are so sweet. They Love to be held and petted.

Back
Top Bottom