TudyBOT Feedback & Discussion Thread

Dog What GIF by Brussels.Sprout

Wouldn't it be more useful to new members of the forum that may not have a PFM if the chatbot interacted with them to ask those "common" questions? I mean, why not have your nurse helping out, which allows the brain surgeon to devote their attention elsewhere?

So far, from what I've seen, the bot isn't accurate enough to answer beginner questions, but I haven't questioned it exhaustively.

Dog What GIF by Brussels.Sprout

Wouldn't it be more useful to new members of the forum that may not have a PFM if the chatbot interacted with them to ask those "common" questions? I mean, why not have your nurse helping out, which allows the brain surgeon to devote their attention elsewhere?
Right now it's less like having the nurse helping, and more like the eccentric lady on the second floor. You know she means well, but she's kinda confused. :)

Sounds like she's still learning. It's normal to have to break in a chatbot through something called "training the bot." WE've done that a time or two with Lucky, our chatbot at the university.
She doesn't retain anything though. She "remembers" for 10 posts, then reverts back.

Sounds like she's still learning. It's normal to have to break in a chatbot through something called "training the bot." WE've done that a time or two with Lucky, our chatbot at the university.
Unfortunately this particular model cannot permanently learn anything. It was last updated in 2021 and cannot move forward at this time.

She doesn't retain anything though. She "remembers" for 10 posts, then reverts back.
Unfortunately this particular model cannot permanently learn anything. It was last updated in 2021 and cannot move forward at this time.
1681234948030.jpeg

Sounds like we should take her keys and keep a close eye on her. lol

IMHO not the best decision for the BYC community AS A WHOLE but proof that monitization trumps.
I'm not sure I understand the "monetization" reference. We've never mentioned anything related to monetization when discussing TudyBOT.

To reiterate: The decision to make TudyBOT only available to PFM's was in response to a vocal group of members that were very concerned about her being available to all members.

For more reference, please see my post here:

Just to be SUPER DUPER CLEAR:

Cost was NEVER a data-point in our decision to limit TudyBOT to PFM's.

View attachment 3462022
While the costs definitely (and quickly) add up with thousands of people typing away chatting with Tudy, we were fine just absorbing the fees as yet another "cost of doing business" of running a huge website.

1. Web hosting
  2. Domain registration
  3. Content Delivery Network (CDN)
  4. Backup and Security service
  5. Content creation
  6. SEO
  7. Web developer fees
  8. Web design
  9. Hiring an expert in server performance optimization
  10. Content management software
  11. Customer support
  12. Software license fees
  13. Server hardware maintenance
  14. Email service provider
  15. etc. etc. etc.

So, while there are absolutely costs associated with Tudy, our #1 concern was (and continues to be) making changes that align with our community, and it was clear after reading through this thread that many of our members were not comfortable having her be free-range :)

Back
Top Bottom