Transit time for shipped eggs?

Arielle

Crowing
8 Years
Feb 19, 2011
Massachusetts, USA
How many days does it take for the USPS to deliver hatching eggs? And what method do you ship eggs for best results? Or is the wrapping and packaging more important for the eggs to survive the USPS??

I ordered 1 dozen silkie eggs three weeks ago and just received them today. I ordered from Mypetchicken and they wrapped them up good! Not a single one was broken! It is a long wait but it's soo worth it!

I ordered some hatching eggs from a breeder. They arrived 2 days after she shipped them
thumbsup.gif

After it ships it always takes 2-3 days. Never later.

But, if the box is marked fragile, I will warn you, the workers don't care. The first time I bought eggs, the box was marked FRAGILE in fat red marker on each side of the box and still 2 came broken.
hu.gif

And when I bought quail eggs, it was marked LIVE EGGS VERY FRAGILE but they didn't bother putting it in an air conditioned truck on a day that was 105 degrees. 1 out of 20 hatched. It all depends on the packing and the heat.

it depends on were you order them from dont always trust the tracking as mine arraived 2 days late
sad.png
due to the post office

most hatcheries are out right now and the hens slow down laying in the winter so you might have to wait a bit longer now than you would have to during the summer

oh yea the post office workers really dont care about the package they will toss it and stack things on it ect

Last edited:
Quote:
QUITE a diff. experience with me. Ordered 1 dozen eggs and 9 arrived (what!!!!!!!!!????????) and one was cracked
roll.png

So i emailed them, replied 3 days later asking me to show them a picture of egg in original packaging. RAWRZUMZ!!! Sorry, MPC, my box is open and the carton is too. Really!? Next time im trying McMurray, ya stupid little hatchery
he.gif

Last edited:
Has anyone tried "fooling" the USPS by shipping hatching eggs in chick boxes??? They do seem to treat the chicks with kid gloves. Or is it the effect of the overnight shipping?

I ordered mine from mypetchicken last friday got them today i ordered 6 i got 9!! They shipped two days ago.

Back
Top Bottom