Votes: 47 49.0%
  • Midnight Majesty Maran Females

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Black Jersey Giant Females

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • Starlight Green Egger Females

Votes: 37 38.5%

• Total voters
All three of my Orpingtons are super sweet, love cuddles and good egg layers! I have a buff (Princess Buttercup) who is four years old, and in the last part of last year became a little hit and miss with her egg laying, so we'll see how it goes this year, but the other two (Australorp, three years old) and (lavender, two years old) have already started laying again after their winter break, and are very consistent!

I only have one pita in the flock and it's not much of but still. My blue bantam cochin likes to peck and bite me. She also is a pita to the other chickens. Caught her being broody and funny thing is she's not as much of a pita now.

Think I'm gona name her Pita.

I only have one pita in the flock and it's not much of but still. My blue bantam cochin likes to peck and bite me. She also is a pita to the other chickens. Caught her being broody and funny thing is she's not as much of a pita now.

Think I'm gona name her Pita.
She's getting a storm cloud leg band.

My local Tractor Supply got there chicks in today! 😍😍😍
These are the options! What ones would you go for????
If you would like to provide some information on these breeds, have pictures, or a comment.... please by all means tell.
I seen that they are coming available tomorrow (Friday)!!! They will be letting them rest for the rest of today, so I will probably be getting them tomorrow afternoon.
I want to make a good choice on the breeds!
I will get two or three breeds - so vote for the choice you would make!
We got our first and 3rd batch of chickens from Tractor Supply. All but one has died from Marek's disease. They all got cancer. There is one still living that has tumors, but she has a stubborn will to live. We've taken them all to the vet to get treatment. Treatment has been very expensive. One question to ask Tractor Supply (or anyone selling chicks) is have they all been properly vaccinated for Marek's disease? This would involve being vaccinated, quarantined until their immunity builds up, and then only after that being available for sale. I told TSC about this, and they offered a refund for the chicks.

We got our first and 3rd batch of chickens from Tractor Supply. All but one has died from Marek's disease. They all got cancer. There is one still living that has tumors, but she has a stubborn will to live. We've taken them all to the vet to get treatment. Treatment has been very expensive. One question to ask Tractor Supply (or anyone selling chicks) is have they all been properly vaccinated for Marek's disease? This would involve being vaccinated, quarantined until their immunity builds up, and then only after that being available for sale. I told TSC about this, and they offered a refund for the chicks.
I'm very sorry to hear about your chickens. I live WAY out in the country and there are no other chicken farmers/or even people that own chickens in my area, so my risk for getting this virus in my flock is low.
I do not buy started pullets for that reason. The baby chicks spend their first 7 weeks of life in my basement just to make sure they are not sick, or have a deformity. I have never had a problem with Mareks in my flock in all my 5 1/2 years of chicken keeping. Hopefully, you never have a problem with it again.

Back
Top Bottom