Votes: 47 49.0%
  • Midnight Majesty Maran Females

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Black Jersey Giant Females

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • Starlight Green Egger Females

Votes: 37 38.5%

• Total voters
We got our first and 3rd batch of chickens from Tractor Supply. All but one has died from Marek's disease. They all got cancer. There is one still living that has tumors, but she has a stubborn will to live. We've taken them all to the vet to get treatment. Treatment has been very expensive. One question to ask Tractor Supply (or anyone selling chicks) is have they all been properly vaccinated for Marek's disease? This would involve being vaccinated, quarantined until their immunity builds up, and then only after that being available for sale. I told TSC about this, and they offered a refund for the chicks.
I do not believe any TSC chicks are vacanated. If you order directly from the hatchery they generally offer it and it's not a guarantee they won't get it. Having the vaccine limits the symptoms only.

I do not believe any TSC chicks are vacanated. If you order directly from the hatchery they generally offer it and it's not a guarantee they won't get it. Having the vaccine limits the symptoms only.
Yes, it only makes living with the virus easier for your birds... it doesn't keep them from getting it or dying from it.

we have a midnight majesty maran named raul...she is my fave. she actually lays more than she is supposed to and her eggs are huge and dk brown/speckled plus she is super sweet and docile.
all mine were from TSC last july and are healthy ladies, no roos.
i am seeing a ton of chicks dying posts mostly from hatcheries, but our TSC employee said she hates chick days this early in upstate ny because it's too darn cold, the chicks get stressed so easily and don't make it.
i am waiting until mid march or i come to my senses and say no more🙄 but i also NEED blue eggs😂 and maybe some mint green from a starlight green egger?!

My local Tractor Supply got there chicks in today! 😍😍😍
These are the options! What ones would you go for????
If you would like to provide some information on these breeds, have pictures, or a comment.... please by all means tell.
I seen that they are coming available tomorrow (Friday)!!! They will be letting them rest for the rest of today, so I will probably be getting them tomorrow afternoon.
I want to make a good choice on the breeds!
I will get two or three breeds - so vote for the choice you would make!
Buff Orpingtons!

Back
Top Bottom