Thinking of Selling Chicken Hides for Wall Decor, or Fly Tying. Anything special required to do this in Michigan?

MysteryChicken

Preserving Gamefowl, 1 Variety At a Time🇮🇳🇺🇸
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
May 31, 2018
Tawas City, Michigan
Is there any specific requirements needed for selling Chicken hides in Michigan? All I can find has to do with Taxidermy, or Fur Bearers permit for Wild Game animals, I cannot find anything about chicken hides.

Thanks in advance.

Is there any specific requirements needed for selling Chicken hides in Michigan? All I can find has to do with Taxidermy, or Fur Bearers permit for Wild Game animals, I cannot find anything about chicken hides.

Thanks in advance.
Just wondering, why would you want to…um…hang a chicken skin on your wall?? :confused:

These little dudes maybe my first two for practice.
Red JungleFowl X Sebright.
20231209_111345.jpg
20231209_111247.jpg

Thanks in advance.
I do not live in Michigan, so i can't tell you anything for sure, but here in Az to be a taxidermist we have to have licences, same with hunting, and trapping. but being that these are your chickens, i cannot see any thing that would be needed. these are not anything native, I wouldn't need a license to sell live chickens, why would you need permits to sell hides. I don't see any permits being needed.

I do not live in Michigan, so i can't tell you anything for sure, but here in Az to be a taxidermist we have to have licences, same with hunting, and trapping. but being that these are your chickens, i cannot see any thing that would be needed. these are not anything native, I wouldn't need a license to sell live chickens, why would you need permits to sell hides. I don't see any permits being needed.
Yeah, alot of places require those for wild Game.

I like to be safe, then sorry with certain things with how strict this state can be with certain things, if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom