The Incredible Egg Scale....

FreedomFarm13

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 20, 2015
Arkansas
Hey everyone! I got an Incredible Egg Scale for Xmas from fall harvest products, but I'm not 100% sure how to read it. The arrow points to the size (peewee, small, medium, large, XL), but I don't know where to read the grams and ounces. Do I read where the top sits, or where the bottom sits? Since there were no instructions, I wasn't sure. Any help would be appreciated!

Pictures

Without an egg:

With an egg:

So, for example, would this egg weigh 48 or 54 grams?

Boy, you got me. Do you have a kitchen food scale? That's what I would do. Weigh an egg on another scale and then once you know the weight, weigh it on that cute Incredible Egg scale and then you'll know where the true weight is located on the indicator.

Imagine a line from the pointer to the fulcrum of the bar, and read the scale on that line. In other words, read at the position of the pointer. You have a 49 gram egg.

49 grams, 21 oz dozen equals 50 grams or 1 3/4 oz per egg. Read at the point. Yes it should have a point to the right, straight across from the point on the left. GC

Last edited:
49 grams, 21 oz dozen equals 50 grams or 1 3/4 oz per egg. Read at the point. Yes it should have a point to the right, straight across from the point on the left. GC
Agrees^^^

But I would test the egg weight on a kitchen scale then adjust your new scale to match.....if you really want to know how many grams it weighs.
It looks like there is an adjustment...most those type scales have them, and not sure they are really accurate enough to weigh precisely in grams.

Of course that all depends on your goals for the scale...and your eggs.
Just for fun and curiosity, this scale would be fine.
I use a digital kitchen scale to check some egg weights and weigh cartons out for when I have pullet eggs...
...it can take up to 18 eggs to weigh out the 24-27oz (L-XL) cartons that I sell when I have a lot of pullet eggs.

Thanks @aart !!! I am just using it for fun and curiosity, I just wanted to make sure I was reading it right. My girls' eggs are getting bigger now that they've been laying a while and it's fun to watch the weights go up!

Back
Top Bottom