The Chicken Palace - lots of pictures

It's looks great! Love the red bow on it! And I thought I had a big coop with my 10 x 20 one.
lau.gif

Well, since I have 5 breeds, I couldn't see building 5 separate coops, so I put all the pens in one big coop. Works for me!

Are the soffits open for ventilation?

Yes, they're left open. As to predators, believe it or not, my 24 year old horse keeps them away.​

I think one of the things I like best about it is the walkway in front of all the pens. I can walk up and down the line and see what's going on in any pen. Also, with the outside door closed, if a chicken gets out of it's pen, it still can't get out of the coop.
There's electric in each pen, for an overhead light, and an outlet for heat lamp or heated waterer - high enough on the wall that the chickens can't reach, of course!
Once the outside runs are complete, each breed will have a 7 1/2 X 10 inside area, and a 10 X 24 outside area. Did I mention how great my DH is?

Well, it was more like an anniversary-birthday-christmas present, and I don't dare ask for anything else for awhile, LOL.

Nice coop for your fortunate chickens...Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary (My DH and I just celebrated our 18th on Dec. 21)

BTW...I'm especially jealous of the beautiful scenery in the background! Someday I will live in the country. You are very blessed.

Back
Top Bottom