The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I set 42 and pulled 11 clear eggs last night and that leaves me with 31 eggs. So my rooster is doing his job! Not the best I've had but he's not infertile, which was my fear. Here's a picture of one of his F1 olive egger babies. Squirmy bean.

If the fan is not running at all, increase the temperature to 101.5 and incubate like a still air incubator.

I've combined chicks of varying ages.  The key is to give the new hatched ones a week to get their legs under them.

Beautiful!

:clap

It could be a difference in shell color/thickness and/or you weren't letting as much light through in the way you were holding them.  At any rate, great candling pictures!

All 6 are white duck eggs lol I have no idea, I tried several ways to get the light through, oh well I'm glad they are developing

So I set 42 and pulled 11 clear eggs last night and that leaves me with 31 eggs. So my rooster is doing his job! Not the best I've had but he's not infertile, which was my fear. Here's a picture of one of his F1 olive egger babies. Squirmy bean.
That looks like two embryos lol crazy

Happy Chooks, I have two other rescue chihuahuas but my home is their forever home. Also a rescue pit bull and our only purchased dog is a 140 lb rottie. Its so funny to watch him play with the chi's. Newest chi is a 1 yo girl who is so sweet and luckily, house trained. She just needs to acclimate and learn a few more things before I start her home search.

Sounds like you are doing exactly what I used to do. Foster and rescue. Loved it. I had quite a few Chihuahuas during that time. Seems folks just don't want to spend the time they need to train .. well, having said that, that's usually the case with most of them. Small pup, turned into a very large dog. It was a fun thing to do.
I also had a pit..mix. Mostly pit, people always said, oh, you have a pit. Got him from the pound. One blue eye, one brown. One of the sweetest most gentle dogs I've ever owned. It was so hard to put him down when he got old. We got him when he was around 6 months old..love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom