Théo and the chickens des Sauches

Hello chicken friends ! Just wanted to let you know that we have been without internet and mobile phone access for ten days now, since a big snow storm, which is why this thread is on pause. I need to walk up 20 mn in the mountain to catch the ski resort phone signal, which I do daily, but it's not sufficient to post pictures.

It's looking like this may last for much longer than we hoped initially so not sure when I will be able to post regularly again. We've been having quite a bit of chicken drama so I do hope to be able to update soon !
It’s so good to hear from you!

My neighbour has been told by her provider that it will last at least until the 20 April. I don't mind so much not having internet, but having no phones is a bit worrying when we are so isolated. We're lucky we can reach the place where the signal works on foot, for all the other people who live below us in the village it's more difficult.

So, I guess this thread will switch to a very slow rhythm now as I will update when I get a chance to. The main chicken news from last week is that our crazy senior bantam Chipie has started laying again and on the same day she laid, got into serious fights with four different hens. She got a good thrashing, nothing threatening but a lot of blood on the crest. She looks like a tiny boxer now. We have to watch her constantly because several hens want her dead and she is terribly aggressive. And, the bad news is that Kara has bumblefoot which coincides with the fact that for about three weeks now she has found out how to go in the garden.
I'm posting from here 😊. It will take a while before the picnic table can be used again.
IMG_20240312_091705.jpg

IMG_20240306_151409.jpg
IMG_20240306_153727.jpg

My neighbour has been told by her provider that it will last at least until the 20 April. I don't mind so much not having internet, but having no phones is a bit worrying when we are so isolated. We're lucky we can reach the place where the signal works on foot, for all the other people who live below us in the village it's more difficult.

So, I guess this thread will switch to a very slow rhythm now as I will update when I get a chance to. The main chicken news from last week is that our crazy senior bantam Chipie has started laying again and on the same day she laid, got into serious fights with four different hens. She got a good thrashing, nothing threatening but a lot of blood on the crest. She looks like a tiny boxer now. We have to watch her constantly because several hens want her dead and she is terribly aggressive. And, the bad news is that Kara has bumblefoot which coincides with the fact that for about three weeks now she has found out how to go in the garden.
I'm posting from here 😊. It will take a while before the picnic table can be used again.
View attachment 3769848
View attachment 3769845View attachment 3769847
Tbh, I'm a little envious of what I'm calling "Manue's internet holiday" 🤣 if I had stronger willpower and no work to do, I'd give myself an internet break. Ahhhh I can dream...

Tbh, I'm a little envious of what I'm calling "Manue's internet holiday" 🤣 if I had stronger willpower and no work to do, I'd give myself an internet break. Ahhhh I can dream...

For me the days to work without internet/wifi has come to an end decades ago. 🛜 So. It probably would feel a bit like an unwanted vacation.

I kept an old DVD player in the attic in case we have no internet, without it I might get totally bored. 😑

Or not? There are still plenty things we can do without wifi, like reading books, make a few 🧩 puzzles, play board games, listen to music on an old stereo drink lots of wine and watch tv with this dvd player. It would be a good opportunity to vist a few friends too.

I'm running this morning and found some network on the other side of the creek, I didn't think I would ! So I can post the creepy news - Théo broke a spur. I noticed yesterday morning when I opened the coop, it was already dry and black and I had no better idea than to bring him in to clean it which got it bleeding all over again 😔. We broke our Dremel last month so we haven't gotten down to doing his spurs, it's our fault they got too long.
He was a bit shocked in the morning, ok in the afternoon. I'll try to borrow some tool to do the other spur quickly.
Here he is with Piou-piou yesterday afternoon.
IMG_20240313_150057.jpg

IMG_20240313_150252.jpg

Posting from here
IMG_20240314_090147.jpg

I'm running this morning and found some network on the other side of the creek, I didn't think I would ! So I can post the creepy news - Théo broke a spur. I noticed yesterday morning when I opened the coop, it was already dry and black and I had no better idea than to bring him in to clean it which got it bleeding all over again 😔. We broke our Dremel last month so we haven't gotten down to doing his spurs, it's our fault they got too long.
He was a bit shocked in the morning, ok in the afternoon. I'll try to borrow some tool to do the other spur quickly.
View attachment 3771533
View attachment 3771534
Posting from here
View attachment 3771535
I have had a few break a spur but never removed. Mine are not tame enough to handle.
Beautiful place to get a signal ❤️

View attachment 3771533
View attachment 3771534
Posting from here
View attachment 3771535
Lovely sunbathing picture of the couple!!

Back
Top Bottom