Swans for sale (Missouri)

His name is Jeff, and his number is 417-554-2064. he came and got them yesteday from me. I hatched them for him and fostered them till they were well established...
Thanks everyone. If anyone gets any of them, I would love an occasional picture of them. I got a litle attached..

Quote:
Hi KansasKid... Are you the one who bought the babies? If so, I would LOVE to see pictures when they feather out. I put lots of time and love into them... I had to take them out of the shells by hand and it was hours of sweat and very nerve wracking. Jeff told me I could have kept one but I really don't have the place for one, but really want to see them as white beauties.... Thanks.

Will do! Right now any pictures wouldn't do the mute swan justice as they are truly the ugly ducklings at the moment. The polish swan is neat and i know she was your favorite and plan on keeping her to she what the adult stage looks like. I still haven't sexed them yet because of the fear of stressing them out too much at the moment. But i will definitely post pictures when they are feather.

Thanks so much! I kept them till they went to you, so believe me... I understand about the ugly duckling stage. That is the reason that I used the day old picture to advertise them on here. It is impossible to get a decent picture of the. Is the lighter one the polish? That would have for sure been my choice to keep, but I am trying to cut back on my poultry not add to. I need to post some pics for you of them hatching.. Wat a night that was. Just for your info... The hatch date was Friday May 6 for the light one and Saturday May 7 on the other four.
Barb

Quote:
Thanks for the hatch dates, i'll go ahead and put it in my log book. I keep one to keep track of how many/how old/how much etc.
and yes the lighter colored one is the polish. and i know about the cutting back thing i have over 96 birds on the place at the moment.

I have 5 swans for sale for a friend. We are around Cabool/Mtn. Grove area. 5 babies and three adults. One pair that have raised several litters and the one female that is a year or two old from this pair. He said he would deliver if reasonable distance. Thanks
What breed are the swans and what is the asking price? Do you know if they re from the same breeding stock and how many males to females, please?

Did they all sell? Were they pinioned? They have to be pinioned to be legal, plus if not pinioned, when mature, it's likely they will just fly away. My adult pair are pinioned but they still can walk a good distance and go to the back of our place to the other pond. We had to change the fence on the back to keep them from leaving our property and going to the neighbors pond too.

They normally stay right in the yard or on one of 2 ponds in the yard and one outside the fence by the yard. They're very happy, they just like to roam. They graze out with the cows and horses sometimes. Mine are very much pets and eat from my hand and follow me around when I do chores. I've had Rachel for a few years but Regis for only coming on 2 years in the spring, they are both DNA sexed but it can take a year or more to bond enough to nest.
I have an adult pair and hoping they will nest in the spring. I'm in the Ozarks too, north of Springfield

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom