Supposed to be BCM

I have baby Australorps and I kept thinking she looked like them as well.
They all look very similar as chicks. But your saying she has leg feathers, but yellow feet.
I'm definitely not an expert but the feathers on her shanks. She has like 2 specks of feathers and the white feathers in her wings. She's about 2 months old. She came from a breeder in Michigan. I thought she was possibly at least something like the Midnight Marans. I just hatched some BCM all feathered legs. Her shanks are slate looking I can't see the bottoms she won't let anyone touch her. Are they supposed to be pink?

Her feet are yellow. I was able to catch her. Definitely yellow.
May have Marans in her, but not pure. As @JedJackson stated... barnyard mix.

They all look very similar as chicks. But your saying she has leg feathers, but yellow feet.

May have Marans in her, but not pure. As @JedJackson stated... barnyard mix.
She has 2 feather nubs on her ankle. I know they all look very similar. She just looks more like the Australorps to me. And the fact that she was sold as a BCM from a breeder. Barnyard mix, sure. I just wanted confirmation that she wasn't what was paid for and maybe someone with more experience knew what she was.

I have 4 BCM and they all have a couple to no feathers on their legs. Only one of them has copper on her neck, the other 3 are just black. I would say don't worry!
Your chick does have a sizeable comb, but judging by the fact that it isn't red at 2 months, you may have a pullet.

Attachments

• 20240429_160247.jpg
    20240429_160247.jpg
    850.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240130_103004.jpg
    20240130_103004.jpg
    871.4 KB · Views: 1
I have 4 BCM and they all have a couple to no feathers on their legs. Only one of them has copper on her neck, the other 3 are just black. I would say don't worry!
Your chick does have a sizeable comb, but judging by the fact that it isn't red at 2 months, you may have a pullet.
I have 2 BCM chicks and 1 Blue, legs all feathered. I'm not worried that she isn't a pullet. She has a tiny comb. Here is the blue. The breeder has blocked people now that have questioned her. So, she's not a full BCM. This person has been lying to people.
20240425_145730.jpg

I have 2 BCM chicks and 1 Blue, legs all feathered. I'm not worried that she isn't a pullet. She has a tiny comb. Here is the blue. The breeder has blocked people now that have questioned her. So, she's not a full BCM. This person has been lying to people. View attachment 3818540
I wish you the best of luck. I am sure she will be a pretty chicken.

I hope so too cause she sure is a jerk, lol.
Oh then she definitely has BCM in her. I used to baby my BCM when they were little because they were so darn cute but now they are so rude, but so prettt and lay the prettiest eggs of all my chickens at the moment. I am sad about them not having super feathery legs though. 🙄😭

Oh then she definitely has BCM in her. I used to baby my BCM when they were little because they were so darn cute but now they are so rude, but so prettt and lay the prettiest eggs of all my chickens at the moment. I am sad about them not having super feathery legs though. 🙄😭
Maybe she's mixed with a Jersey giant. They have yellow feet. Oh well guess I'll know more when she starts laying.

She has 2 feather nubs on her ankle. I know they all look very similar. She just looks more like the Australorps to me. And the fact that she was sold as a BCM from a breeder. Barnyard mix, sure. I just wanted confirmation that she wasn't what was paid for and maybe someone with more experience knew what she was.
I'm sorry you didn't get what you paid for, hoping the breeder makes it right for you.

Back
Top Bottom