Supposed to be BCM

Apr 5, 2024
I bought this chick as a BCM pullet and I am now questioning that. Maybe she is part, I dunno.
20240425_142210.jpg
20240425_142214.jpg
20240425_142222.jpg
20240425_142251.jpg

She looks like she has Marans in her. She have pink feet?
How old? And where did you aquire her?
If I was guessing, I'd say Black Copper Marans or a hybrid like Midnight Majesty Marans is one name Hatcheries use.

Why don't you think she's not a BCM?

If I was guessing, I'd say Black Copper Marans or a hybrid like Midnight Majesty Marans is one name Hatcheries use.

I'm definitely not an expert but the feathers on her shanks. She has like 2 specks of feathers and the white feathers in her wings. She's about 2 months old. She came from a breeder in Michigan. I thought she was possibly at least something like the Midnight Marans. I just hatched some BCM all feathered legs. Her shanks are slate looking I can't see the bottoms she won't let anyone touch her. Are they supposed to be pink?

She's still young, just lightly feathered legs, she should have slate legs/pink feet, copper in her hackles should start appearing any time, but don't freak out if it don't. I've got 2 all black BCM's with no copper.
The white in feathers is normal and she should molt them out. Any white after her 18 month molt then should be a concern.

I'm no expert myself... And still learning about genetics and breeding my BCMs towards the French Standard.

Hope she lays wonderful dark eggs for you...🙂

I'm definitely not an expert but the feathers on her shanks. She has like 2 specks of feathers and the white feathers in her wings. She's about 2 months old. She came from a breeder in Michigan. I thought she was possibly at least something like the Midnight Marans. I just hatched some BCM all feathered legs. Her shanks are slate looking I can't see the bottoms she won't let anyone touch her. Are they supposed to be pink?
I'm in Michigan also... :frow but I'm not your breeder. I haven't sold any of mine yet.

Her feet are yellow. I was able to catch her. Definitely yellow.

Back
Top Bottom