Sumatra Owners, Does anybody own any Sumatra's Roo's or hens

al6517

Real Men can Cook
11 Years
May 13, 2008
I would like to here from some fellow Sumatra owners, what do you have ?, what do you like about them, What type of behavior do they have.

I own a black Sumatra Rooster.
AL
Add pic's if you can.

Last edited:
WE have had roosters and hens. I love the hens, my sons love the roosters. My biggie is I raise phoenix and it seems every time we slate a sumatra for a show it molts, thats my beef. The boys love the males for showmanship because they are very personable when not in the breed pens. The hens go broody, the males are protective. Beautiful birds!!

smile.png

Last edited:
We have bantam and large fowl sumatras in black and blue. I love them, they are very wild looking. It seems that ours know they are better than the other birds. In my experience the hens are crazy and they have a prehistoric scream when you catch them. The males are calm.

Harley's girl, your roo is amazing, he has a nice face and the bright yellow bottoms on his feet.

Quote:
lol Mine are just the opposite, the pullets only squirm when they get to the place that I'm putting them down at (and they know when I'm going to let them down) but the cockerels are so squirmy anyway, and when I try to catch them they evade me so well somehow
hu.gif

I have blue and black and my main rooster wanted to fight when i first got him until we went at it and i won and now i'm able to pick him up and relaxes but my hens are very jumpy and start squaking.

I have a blue Sumatra and a splash-blue/white Sumatra, they love attention,they love it when i hold them, they look wild, they use to be a wild bird, until they got domesticated and used in game pits, now used for show. beautiful birds. FWI they can still have that game pit attitude, when grown up separately from others. I wish mine would get along with each other so they can run around at the same time. But they make a great companion bird, lovable.
smile.png
mine are molting right now, now they are starting to get back there feathers , coming in beautiful.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom