Starting a batch tomorrow 1/25 anyone want to join me? Valentine hatch-along!

Hmmm I have just the regular small quart waterers from the feed store. My marbles won't be here until tomorrow. I have to work 12 hours though so I need to put them more than a shallow lid with water for the whole day. I'm just so worried cause I only have the three so far and don't want to lose them.
WOOhoooo I have no new pips I had a bunch of early ones and now nothing new LOL it's driving me crazy....
WOOHOOOO awesome!!!
You might also find a quail waterer at the feed store. They have teeny pans barely any wider than the water jars. I love mine, and so of course it is missing now that I have new chicks.
roll.png
As DraigAthar said, chick grit works, as would rocks or any other clean, inedible objects you can put in there.

So many babies! Keep posting pics everyone!
wee.gif

Do you have chick grit? You could fill the pan of the waterer most of the way up with chick grit, same effect as the marbles.

I went to the feedstore down the road and got some and put that in the waterer! Thanks for the tip I really appreciate it! Still only 3 chicks and 1 duck pipped, no more new pips on anything! With my luck they'll all pip and hatch while I'm at work tomorrow!

I got better pics of my 3 babies now that they're fluffed out!

This is the Easter Egger (3rd to hatch)

Silkie/Frizzle # 2 to hatch

First baby out #1 silkie/frizzle mix :) Her beak is bi-color it's really neat

I went to the feedstore down the road and got some and put that in the waterer! Thanks for the tip I really appreciate it! Still only 3 chicks and 1 duck pipped, no more new pips on anything! With my luck they'll all pip and hatch while I'm at work tomorrow!

That happened to me on my last hatch, the first three came out of the shell while I was a work, the little stinkers! ;)

I opened the 'bator to add water, so I candled very quickly and I have three or four with internal pips. So someone is making some progress! No external pips, but it's still only day 20 for me. Tomorrow morning would be the start of day 21, so I am hoping most of the action won't start until I get home from work tomorrow evening. :)

So I have my two as of right now. They're running around in the bator. Is it bad if the roll the other eggs around or is that normal? Just curious since I don't want to remove them until they're all the way dry and they're still not quite there. I'll probably remove them in the morning.

Three done, one more pipped, and five with no action

One of the other "no action" eggs was damaged pretty good when a chick was banging around in there... What should I do?

So I have my two as of right now. They're running around in the bator. Is it bad if the roll the other eggs around or is that normal? Just curious since I don't want to remove them until they're all the way dry and they're still not quite there. I'll probably remove them in the morning.

from what I read it's fine that's what most do. I pulled mine pretty fast because they kept getting stuck between cartons I'm hatching in as I read that's better for shipped eggs

Three done, one more pipped, and five with no action

One of the other "no action" eggs was damaged pretty good when a chick was banging around in there... What should I do?

I'm new to chickens so I don't know:-(

how is everyone's babies doing this morning? I have no new babies this morning still just the early 3. I'm working 12 hours today and hoping they wait until tonight lol!

No peepers here yet, some og the eggs are peeping so I know I have several internal pips, but no one has been brave enough to pip externally yet. Hope they wait until I get home from work! :)

Got home from work to find the first pip! Lots of peeping coming from the incubator, too, so there must be several now that have pipped internally. No one has hatched yet, and just the one external pip, but it might be a big night. I love this part, I won't be able to sleep, haha! I'll want to get up and check on them all night long. :)

Back
Top Bottom