So bummed and a bit worried now

Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
my chicks SHOULD have been here today;

They hatched monday; shipped monday (yes; despite being a fed. holiday -- they still went out Welp said from NEW MEXICO)
ALTHO; my postmaster said on his end; the shipping label wasnt even printed til the 22nd. (tuesday)
Then at 6:13 am on the 23rd today; they were in california.

So, I am an etailer and ship hundreds of things a week; from IL to Cali takes 2 days at earliest; 3 days more likely priority mail.
so if they were STILL in california this morning; I most likely wont get them til Friday and thats 4 days after hatch...possibly
saturday whichi s 5 days after hatch..

I am NOT versed in brooding/chicks to deal with very weak, sick chicks...I am NOT a happy person right now..
I have NO clue what i need to do w/sick chicks..guess I gotta read up on that today...

I am NOT happy...in fact I am downright peeved...

Were they shipped "Overnight" or "Priority" do you know?

I'd be worried and mad too!
barnie.gif

Quote:
Call your PO and find out where your hub/distrobution center is- if it's within driving distance, your local postmaster can have it arranged so that you can go there to get the chicks when they arrive- sometimes this cuts 12 hours off the trip, even though the hub is only an hour away. Have your PO do the legwork, even if they act helpless. It can be done.

Another thought, maybe the shipping activities haven't been updated, so you're getting outdated info on the location?? Crossing my fingers that something works out and those babies arrive safe and sound!
fl.gif

Yep..they called this a/m...
chicks are NOT even in the state...they were still in California this a/m...
I'm in IL...

hazelwood MO is my local hub, which is EONS away...but if they show up there tonight; I should
get them tomorrow OR springfield IL should and I can drive to Spfld..its a 45 min drive and we're going there
tomorrow anyway

My postmaster is super friendly; mainly because I spend about $50K in shipping w/them a yr..so they DO
go over/above in helping me whenever I need it..which is VERY nice...

BTW--- my delivery confirmation (which doesnt HAVE to be scanned til delivery) shows just that
electronic shipping notification of yesterday..but my postmaster looked it up on his 'puter
and gave me all this info.

The PO doesn't actually track the packages so they probably won't be scanned again until they are delivered to you. Since the PO was closed Monday they may have been boxed up Monday but they didn't start moving until Tuesday. I'm guessing you will get them tomorrow.
fl.gif
for healthy chicks.

Quote:
You are right; delivery confirmation is NOT tracking...however if they scan it, it does upload automatically on the website; but not necessarily the customers side of it..
usually if I am going to get something tomorrow; it shows in Hazelwood, MO today...
its showing cali still today..I'm hoping the system will be updated later today..my Postmaster is going to look into it and have me call him about 3pm today and give me more info..

Back
Top Bottom