Got our shipment of 25 today!

Jdhite

Chirping
Sep 22, 2022
Winston-Salem, NC
Received my 25 feather footed females from mcmurray's first hatch of the year today. They shipped Monday, the 23rd and I picked up at post office about 7am this morning the 25th. This is my first experience with ordering/shipping chicks. Anyway, I'm happy to report that all 26 chicks (they included an extra feather footed female as our surprise chick) arrived alert and looking great. They're settled into their brooder and eating/drinking well. The box was packed well, with two heat packs underneath the bedding. So far, I'm extremely pleased. I plan to update this thread periodically with how this batch of birds is doing!

DD7E87A5-2779-4827-8671-CF29BDDEE7EF.jpeg

Received my 25 feather footed females from mcmurray's first hatch of the year today. They shipped Monday, the 23rd and I picked up at post office about 7am this morning the 25th. This is my first experience with ordering/shipping chicks. Anyway, I'm happy to report that all 26 chicks (they included an extra feather footed female as our surprise chick) arrived alert and looking great. They're settled into their brooder and eating/drinking well. The box was packed well, with two heat packs underneath the bedding. So far, I'm extremely pleased. I plan to update this thread periodically with how this batch of birds is doing!

View attachment 3385981
Love the bush box to round the corner :D Glad to hear all doing well.

Update: well, I counted wrong! They gave us 26 feather footed females PLUS a "surprise chick" who looks to be a Wyandotte of sorts. Had some pasty butt today, so everyone got cleaned up. All chicks are still active and look great! As an aside, McMurray messaged me back on instagram and asked how they were doing etc. so far, VERY pleased with this purchase and plan to make it the ONLY way we buy chicks in the future. I had them all vaccinated and bought two of McMurray's "grow gels" and two "chick starter" water additives and payed 163$. To me, that's by far an amazing deal for 26 sexed chicks, and a surprise chick all who are vaccinated.

Mine didn't have such a good trip, only 7 out of 25 made it! :( It's been a little over a week now and I can report all 7 are still alive and doing well! I picked up 6 more at Rural King this week and they are also doing great. I ordered straight run and have my fingers crossed hoping for 3 or 4 hens out of the first 7.

Back
Top Bottom