Small Chicken Coop in Southern Indiana

teach1rusl

Love My Chickens
14 Years
Jul 28, 2009
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
My Coop
My Coop
I'm selling a small chicken coop that I built as a temporary coop for my seramas. They've been moved into their new coop...that's why I'm now listing it. The price is firm at this time, because I will simply keep it as a spare if it doesn't sell.

It's 48 inches x 50 inches, so just over 4x4, perfect for a small, backyard flock of 3-4 LF or maybe 4-6 small bantams such as oegb. I would not recommend it for more than that. It'd be ideal for a breeding trio or quad.

The ceiling is insulated, but not the walls. There are 3 window openings covered with hardware cloth for safety, and I will give you the lexan "windows" that I screw over them for winter time. The pop door works on a basic pulley system, and is also made of lexan (I like light in a coop). There's a small hole drilled in one wall so that an extension cord can be run in if wanted (for a heatlamp or light). The clean-out door is large, so it's easy to access things inside. You're welcome to the roosts I have set-up, but they really won't do you any good unless you have really small birds like OEGBantams - so you'll probably want to do your own roost set-up. It doesn't have a nest box, because I just used a little basket for mine.

The coop should fit just fine inside a standard pick-up truck bed, but it's heavy! My husband and I can assist, but you will need to bring at least two people who can lift, and you'll definitely need help to unload it at your place.

We live off of Scottsville Rd. in Floyds Knobs, IN. We're about 20 minutes outside of Louisville, Ky. So if you're around this area and need a small coop, feel free to PM me here on BYC.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom