Silver Grey Dorking chicks

SilversRule

In the Brooder
Jan 31, 2019
I am looking for Silver Grey Dorkings (standard) preferably show quality. Duane Urch or Horstman lines would be great. Does anyone have any hatching? Thanks and have a great day.

I am looking for Silver Grey Dorkings (standard) preferably show quality. Duane Urch or Horstman lines would be great. Does anyone have any hatching? Thanks and have a great day.
Urch sold his lines to McMurray I believe and Horstman directly is out of dorkings. I've been told best/cheapest option right now is to bulk buy from McMurray and cull hard for silver grays. There are a couple of breeders out there, but I haven't been able to evaluate from the pics how good they are.

Thanks, I bought from McMurray 2 years in a row and the only losses I had were the SG Dorkings at about 3 weeks of age. May get the courage up to try them again. Your idea is kind of the conclusion I had come to. I was going to order a bunch from Ideal, maybe try McMurray again (I find it painful to watch my favorite breed die in front of me and not being able to stop it. Maybe this year if it happens I will send one or two to our veterinary diagnostic lab and see what they come up with) and there are a couple of other places, one in VT or CT and one in Ohio and just start my own line. Best breed in the world, love how the girls come up and tell me how their day is and the males are not nasty, or feisty depending on how one looks at:). Again thanks.

Thanks, I bought from McMurray 2 years in a row and the only losses I had were the SG Dorkings at about 3 weeks of age. May get the courage up to try them again. Your idea is kind of the conclusion I had come to. I was going to order a bunch from Ideal, maybe try McMurray again (I find it painful to watch my favorite breed die in front of me and not being able to stop it. Maybe this year if it happens I will send one or two to our veterinary diagnostic lab and see what they come up with) and there are a couple of other places, one in VT or CT and one in Ohio and just start my own line. Best breed in the world, love how the girls come up and tell me how their day is and the males are not nasty, or feisty depending on how one looks at:). Again thanks.
Interesting! I only got 2 last year and they are both fine so far. I am going to order more this spring, just have to figure out how I am going to explain it to my spouse:)

I just sent in my order for 25 straight run, will see how it goes. I thought it interesting also, like I said they were the only ones I lost and it happened when they were about 3 weeks old. Will hope they do better. Am also sending in as order to Ideal, their quality is not great however......, they have short legs, proper color and 5 toes!
Explaining it to the spouse, yes I used to have to do that also (he passed many years ago). I used to tell him, "puppies, people or poultry", poultry was the best option:)

I just sent in my order for 25 straight run, will see how it goes. I thought it interesting also, like I said they were the only ones I lost and it happened when they were about 3 weeks old. Will hope they do better. Am also sending in as order to Ideal, their quality is not great however......, they have short legs, proper color and 5 toes!
Explaining it to the spouse, yes I used to have to do that also (he passed many years ago). I used to tell him, "puppies, people or poultry", poultry was the best option:)
We were visiting a place with kittens yesterday and one was climbing me like a tree and riding my shoulder. I should tell him "The cat or more chickens!"

Back
Top Bottom