SunnySideSilkies

Chirping
Jun 17, 2021
So I have some chicks that I do not know what color they would be classified under. My adults are pretty simple (for the most part) I have 1 pure white hen, 1 solid buff, 3 solid jet black, 1 light buff kinda partridge with grey undertones (chewpekka), 1 darker buff partridge again with less grey undertones (you can see them when you part his feathers alot clearer(t-pecks), 1 Black and brown partridge (im assuming) (chickira) and one silver and black partridge (Debbie). also two fo the first chicks I hatched this season, the blue/slate/grey is pistachio and the 2 grey partridge (Cheeto & Cheerio). It would be very nice to know that I am in fact calling them all the right color or be corrected and start. I also have multiple chicks from these adults that look completely different and although ive scoured the internet I have been unsuccessful in determining what they actually are considered. I will most likely post the chicks on a separate thread because I don't want there to be so many pictures that it gets confusing. Thank You.

first picture is chewpekka from a side close up,
tempImage82hAis.png
second is chewpekka again in the back on the left with t-pecks on the right tempImageDyhouo.png
Next is Chickira the brown/black
tempImageOBTF8k.png
lastly is Debbie (hes a boy but we thought otherwise for quite a while.) he is the silver and black
tempImagegG5yLM.png tempImageTnxRfN.png
pistachio the first chick
tempImagenQzYhr.png
cheerio and Cheeto the second and third
tempImagezB5ND5.png

I apologize for the orientation of the pictures. once I upload them they are flipping and idk how to change them back. But thank you for anyone that can help with identifying them. There are many more pictures (and birds to id) on my website. www.sunnysidesilkies.com if anyone cares to check it out for me. Thank You again in advance..

All mixed colors. Seem to have some partridge coloring, but none look to be full partridge in color. The rooster in photo number looks buff, but has a bit too much red on his shoulders to be called a buff.
Mixed color flock. All lovely birds. 🥰
Tagging @Hinotori, partridge silkie expert!😊

All mixed colors. Seem to have some partridge coloring, but none look to be full partridge in color. The rooster in photo number looks buff, but has a bit too much red on his shoulders to be called a buff.
Mixed color flock. All lovely birds. 🥰
Tagging @Hinotori, partridge silkie expert!😊
yeah I feel weird calling them partridge or other terms that I really don't think are correct. You should see some of the chicks that I have been hatching they are absolutely stunning but idk what color to call them. people ask me what colors I have available and I feel dumb not like having an answer...

Chikira looks like gold partridge to me. And Debbie is a Silver Partridge or cuckoo.

Tpecks has buff and either red or Partridge I.e wild type) in him to give the red wings. Your white hen could be hiding a number of other colours including red.

The others are colour mixes. Pretty all the same.

yeah I feel weird calling them partridge or other terms that I really don't think are correct. You should see some of the chicks that I have been hatching they are absolutely stunning but idk what color to call them. people ask me what colors I have available and I feel dumb not like having an answer...
You can tell people that you have birds from a mixed color pen and that their final coloring will be a surprise.
The only way to ensure a specific or named color is to keep your adult breeding birds separated by color, which can be difficult and may require several roosters depending on how many colors you want to work with.

They look like proper colors for the most part. Are they all from the same breeding? Or are they from separate pen breedings?

Not sure what the bottom ones are or the top one.

Others are buff, partridge, silver, silver, and blue it looks.

It looks like a color grab bag for a personal lawn ornament flock.

They look like proper colors for the most part. Are they all from the same breeding? Or are they from separate pen breedings?

Not sure what the bottom ones are or the top one.

Others are buff, partridge, silver, silver, and blue it looks.

It looks like a color grab bag for a personal lawn ornament flock.
Is this a partridge color Silkie? I think it is, but I’m very new to chickens and silkies! We love Fuzzbert, she’s is sooo tiny!

Attachments

• A058017B-2C98-4AFF-A156-86DF129BAA9D.jpeg
    A058017B-2C98-4AFF-A156-86DF129BAA9D.jpeg
    674.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 45140F77-5A9B-4596-BD73-8EE02B4C8393.jpeg
    45140F77-5A9B-4596-BD73-8EE02B4C8393.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom