Sick Chick

Chick2212

In the Brooder
May 6, 2024
One of my chicks looks very sick. She is around one and a half months old. She is standing still in one location with her eyes closed and her head burrower in her feathers. She is much smaller than the other chicks and she is not eating or drinking as well. She has been like this for 3 days. She did eat a tiny snake, the smallest snake in the world. I am not sure what is the cause or how I can treat her sickness.

Hiya, and welcome to BYC! :frow

Sorry to hear about your chick!

If it has something, this may be no cure, but what I do for my chicks is alternate Poultry Cell vitamin water, then a powdered probiotic water, thn clear water, and repeat. If they are looking a bit down, that perks them up.

You could also try electrolytes too or just a dab of honey in a cup of water. Those two things sometimes encourages eating.

Maybe try see if it would eat some mash by mixing some water in the crumbles.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Had she pooped? Any sign of blood? How long has she been on the ground?
My first suspicion with a bird this age is coccidiosis. It wouldn't hurt her at all to just start her on a severe outbreak treatment of Corid water. Give her about three drops of undiluted cord water directly. Just put a drop to the side of her beak and let it wick in and her swallow it then repeat until she's had three drops. Do this once daily for 5 days along with the Corid water and see if that helps. If you do this, however, you will not want to provide any poultry vitamins as the thiamine in them will negate the effect of the Corid.

Back
Top Bottom