Shipping chicks - delay :(

LMehl

In the Brooder
Feb 20, 2018
My new backyard chickens shipped from ideal poultry on Monday. Post office is saying they won't be to me until Thursday, but they were supposed to be here Wednesday. I'm not seeing any updates to the tracking history really, so I'm hoping the post office tracking is wrong and they will arrive tomorrow. Have any of you ever experienced this and had the chickens arrive earlier than what the tracking says online?

Go to Tractor Supply or your feed store and buy a small bottle of" bovidr labs poultry Nutri drench". give each chick:
one drop only by mouth when it arrives. if the chick is needy, wait 8 to 10 hours and repeat as needed until it's perky.
Put one and a half teaspoons Nutri drench per quart water for the first week you have the chicks as they adjust to their new home.
No need for apple cider vinegar, probiotics , or electrolytes in their water, just the Nutri drench.
these chicks are going to be travel stressed. their GI tracts are going to be compromised and they're going to need immediate nutrition for energy. see the website. it's excellent product. I've used it for over a decade and a half. It doesn't need to be digested. bypasses the chicks stressed GI tract and Main lines directly into the bloodstream. measurable in minutes , 99% utilization ,all natural.
www.nutridrench.com
Best ,
Karen

Great information. My Nutri Drench bottle has the worst dropper- big, sloppy and hard to control. I always have to pour some out and use a better, more precise dropper. It is very easy for a little chick to get a drop in the wrong pipe, so the smaller dropper helps. I agree that it is a great product. I never knew that it by-passed the digestive tract. Thanks for passing this on.

Best wishes that your chicks show up soon. Once they do get to the post office, open the box in front of the postal clerk and if there are losses, contact Ideal asap. They should either send you more chicks to make up for the loss or give you credit on a future order.

Keep us posted please!

Back
Top Bottom