Sex of my chicks

May 2, 2024
Here are my 10 week old chicks. I know you can’t always determine sex already or from pictures but I’d like about 6 laying hens and will replace whatever Roos I currently have with more chicks. Thanks for your help! Bonus for breeds though I’m sure most are silkie/barred rock/sex links..

Attachments

• IMG_9739.jpeg
    IMG_9739.jpeg
    745.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_9740.jpeg
    IMG_9740.jpeg
    845.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9741.jpeg
    IMG_9741.jpeg
    934.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9742.jpeg
    IMG_9742.jpeg
    860.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9745.jpeg
    IMG_9745.jpeg
    620.1 KB · Views: 25
The silkie and silkie mixes I can't sex, but they are showing no obvious signs of being male. You have no BRs that I can see. You've got one mix breed cockerel (the splash with leakage), and if the red bird is a pure Red Sex Link/ISA brown, she's a pullet

that's a lie. I had a hen who had a comb twice as big as my rooster at week ten.
This might be because of their different breeds.

But as a side note: for someone who is new to keeping chickens (as you have stated yourself earlier in your introduction) you have quite the nerve to claim another persons opinion to be a lie.
This is not the way we communicate here on BYC where we try to be respectful and friendly.

This might be because of their different breeds.

But as a side note: for someone who is new to keeping chickens (as you have stated yourself earlier in your introduction) you have quite the nerve to claim another persons opinion to be a lie.
This is not the way we communicate here on BYC where we try to be respectful and friendly.
I will be respectful. But that was quite some time ago when I posted that thread. Also during those time I have also continued to get chicks. I examine them everyday and adore them so I know their postures very will and I have chickens a variety of breeds. I also noticed you had changed your response when you were laughing at me. But I guess I was getting quick to defend myself. But then again only time well tell who is right. It also is technically a lie since it doesn't apply to all breeds or all chickens. Anyway, I do apologize.

Back
Top Bottom