Serama Hatch-Along Thread!

Pics
I swear if I do wake up and find 2 babies hatched imma be so mad 😠 😆 They weren't internally pipped yet earlier this evening. I won't check again until Thursday night if they don't hatch. They shouldn't be THAT far behind right?
Give them an extra day, expecting a delay due to the incubator issues. They should still be fine. Monitor closely, starting now. Scare everyone away from the incubator!!!! It probably won’t be necessary, but be prepared to assist after the extra day (if they can’t externally pip). Seramas can have difficulties hatching. Please don’t think that Pride and Sloth will have trouble. I just want you to be ready if they do. Take a deep breath. Relax. Monitor close.

(Be prepared for possible pips at the wrong end and inability to externally pip.) Sometimes, Seramas cannot maneuver into the correct position.

Give them an extra day, expecting a delay due to the incubator issues. They should still be fine. Monitor closely, starting now. Scare everyone away from the incubator!!!! It probably won’t be necessary, but be prepared to assist after the extra day (if they can’t externally pip). Seramas can have difficulties hatching. Please don’t think that Pride and Sloth will have trouble. I just want you to be ready if they do. Take a deep breath. Relax. Monitor close.

(Be prepared for possible pips at the wrong end and inability to externally pip.) Sometimes, Seramas cannot maneuver into the correct position.
Got it. So if they don't hatch by Friday morning, I pop the end open with a pushpin or something? Walk me through it in case I need it 🥲

:frow yoo-hoo serama chicks, come out to play! :jumpy:jumpy
Look Looking GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Got it. So if they don't hatch by Friday morning, I pop the end open with a pushpin or something? Walk me through it in case I need it 🥲
Keep checking for internal pips. This is just what I do… if I’ve got a Serama chick NOT externally pipping (but internally pipped for hours), I make a small hole near where the beak is. If even necessary, this will give them time to rest (added edit: to build strength for the hatch), and you won’t be worrying about them running out of air. I think that Pride and Sloth will hatch on their own. Please update us SOON! 🥰

Last edited:
Keep checking for internal pips. This is just what I do… if I’ve got a Serama chick NOT externally pipping (but internally pipped for hours), I make a small hole near where the beak is. If even necessary, this will give them time to rest (added edit: to build strength for the hatch), and you won’t be worrying about them running out of air. I think that Pride and Sloth will hatch on their own. Please update us SOON! 🥰
Yes! They will def hatch today. I can feel it in my anxiety bones. Also. Saw this today. Can't tell if it's fuzz or a pip. Pretty sure it might be fuzz but idk 😆 Tried to get a good pic of it. Pretty sure it's fuzz?

Attachments

• 20240410_124411.jpg
    20240410_124411.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240410_124426.jpg
    20240410_124426.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240410_124538.jpg
    20240410_124538.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom