Salmonella - again New CDC Reminder (43 states affected so far)

U_Stormcrow

Crossing the Road
Jun 7, 2020
North FL Panhandle Region / Wiregrass
News Coverage from
The Hill
NBC
USA Today
etc

Actual CDC notice

Outbreak Map

1621629210277.png
As usual, the very young, and the very old are most at risk, together with the immunocompromised. Also as usual, kids not washing their hands well then sticking them in their mouth are of particular concern. Hygiene, generally, is the watchword - as always.

Media is reporting this is one of the worst outbreaks ever - likely related to the sudden interest in backyard poultry ownership last year, and the number of people not aware of the resources, experience, and information available thru places like BYC - I'm certain some of those sickened never gave any thought to the possibility Ms. Clucker the family pet might be a disease vector for their small child.

Am I understanding the map to say that between 5 to 6 people in Texas have salmonella? Out of 49.14 million people living in Texas at the moment that's worth another lock down .... :oops:

If the CDC hasn't been bought or skewed the numbers again.
No lock downs. Just a food safety warning. Normally, its the lettuce we hear about in the news, and typically is less than 10 cases nationwide. 43, so far, is unusual - but not worthy of more than a reminder to wash up - like the sign on the door of every public restroom.

Most, I'm confident, will ignore it.

Back
Top Bottom