Sad day at the Post Office

Foghorn

Crowing
16 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Connecticut
Today when I went to work, I heard those familiar peeps. I knew right away someone was getting chicks today! I went to the area we keep them and peeked inside the box. It was an order of 25 or so chicks. However, only 6 were alive. The rest had frozen. I felt horrible. I can't believe that we (the post office) could let this happen. I understand that we really are pushed for time and the truck drivers may not care that much, but you would think we could make exceptions. I couldn't imagine recieving my order this way.
sad.png

That is so sad. I feel so sorry for the people that had to pick up that order. I have been worrying about my order coming in this weather, but I have alittle over a week to go and the temps are on the way up here.(KY) Sometimes I think that some postal workers don't know about baby chicks and their for need warmth. They probably think they are packed to survive anything.
moni

It was Murray McMurray Hatchery. But in their defense, it was packaged very well. The usual box, plus a corrugated box wrap inside. I honestly believe it was negligence somewhere along the way in handling. The box was treated gently, just not, in my opinion, kept warm enough.
By the way, half a dozen more of the same boxes were dropped of at an office prior to this one. I can only hope those chicks experienced a better fate.

Too bad, that is a shame. I've heard good stories where the driver would put the peeps up in the cab with him by the heater with toons to listen to. I guess not in this case though.

bigzio

my problem is useally the shipment because some of these people dont know what FRAGILE and LIVE means because i recieved two ducklings with broken spines

Back
Top Bottom