Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

I haven't been here in a while but I've been thinking about everybody.

Fun news from our house is that our australop rooster died :(, and somehow a silky rooster fertilized our australop hen believe it or not. Then that little huzzy hid in the chicken coop and hatched out three of the ugliest babies you've ever seen. We call them the derp triplets.

A couple of days ago we bought three rabbits and I am currently building a rabbit hutch.
Thanks for the update!

I am sorry about the loss of the Rooster!

I have heard about silkie roosters fertilizing large fowl hens! It is amazing when that happens.

I haven't been here in a while but I've been thinking about everybody.

Fun news from our house is that our australop rooster died :(, and somehow a silky rooster fertilized our australop hen believe it or not. Then that little huzzy hid in the chicken coop and hatched out three of the ugliest babies you've ever seen. We call them the derp triplets.

A couple of days ago we bought three rabbits and I am currently building a rabbit hutch.
I'd love to see a picture of your derps!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hi!! Busy with spring chores. Just took plastic off the run. Power washing tomorrow. Came in here to look for a recipe. I was going to use 6tbson peppermint Castile soap w/vinegar in a gal of water. Hope all is well at your end. I did loose my RIR. Not sure if respiratory or what. I treated her like I did another hen. Gave her a soak in epson ..I was drying her, she vomited brown liquid

Hi!! Busy with spring chores. Just took plastic off the run. Power washing tomorrow. Came in here to look for a recipe. I was going to use 6tbson peppermint Castile soap w/vinegar in a gal of water. Hope all is well at your end. I did loose my RIR. Not sure if respiratory or what. I treated her like I did another hen. Gave her a soak in epson ..I was drying her, she vomited brown liquid
I am sorry you lost her!

It sounds like you did your best for her :hugs

@Missceegee

Hi everyone. We have 60 chickens currently. 3 ducks. 2 geese. 2 highland cattle. 2 cats. 3 dogs. Mini horse. Mini donkey. Busy days here. Working toward rotational grazing cows and chickens.

It sounds like you have a very nice and busy Farm!

It is nice to see you back posting here.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
i have not been receiving posts in my email inbox?!?! don’t know why

Back
Top Bottom