Rouen Duck thread

So many things can go wrong.

Do they go outside? Could he have eaten something toxic? Do they have food and water 24/7?

The only way to be sure is a necropsy.

I'm teaching them how to swim

Aww how cute.

Well...We bought ours with egg production in mind.. The more I look at them though, I think our straight run order turned out to be mostly males...I think we might have gotten 2-3 females which isn't good....:barnie

You could always rehome your extra drakes or trade them for females. Some people do want or need drakes so thats always an option to. Either way I hope you figure it all out :)

I started with 3 Rouens. One suddenly died, healthy the day before. Any idea why this would happen? I'm new to raising ducks but have really gotten attached to them. Mine are about 2 months old now.

So many things can go wrong.

Do they go outside?  Could he have eaten something toxic?  Do they have food and water 24/7?  

The only way to be sure is a necropsy.

I agree with Amiga the only way to know for sure is a necropsy.

Guess she taking lessons from my Guineas. Found the nest tonight with 2 eggs in it. Last year she layed same fenceline but about 10 feet away. I was hopin that she would keep em in the coop for me. But since they been mating I guess she thinks theres a reason to hide them somewhere else.
Can I collect the eggs and leave some like other birds? And keep her laying there?

I REALLY don't want to pen them, although might have to pen rouens or buffs the drake is extra rough to the young (2-3 month old) buff pair I have.
Trying to get a flock of 1/2 dz or more of each if I can. W/O paying $5+ for a day old. The prices kill me around spring hatch season. And generally around here its "Hatchery Choice" ducklings. SO you might get what you want, might not.

Last year my Rouen (called Gertrude) learned to fly. I would have fun racing the ducks to the coop while she zipped past my head (and beat me to the chicken coop.) This year she seems to have lost interest in flying though.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom